- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2012
Availability: In Stock
A Disciple's Path: Deepening Your Relationship with Christ & the Church - Leader's Guide w/CD-ROMJames A. HarnishAbingdon Press / 2012 / Trade Paperback$18.99 Retail:
$25.99Save 27% ($7.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW743481
A Disciples Path is an engaging approach to discipleship from a distinctly Wesleyan perspective. Whether used as an introduction for new members or a renewal course for existing members, the program guides individuals to take the next step in discipleship and become dynamic, engaged followers of Jesus Christ.
The study combines a Wesleyan understanding of our growth in Gods love and grace with the time-tested practices of spiritual discipline expressed in the membership vows to uphold the church with our prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness. Participants will develop spiritual practices, discover their unique gifts, and become engaged in ministry that brings transformation in their own lives, the lives of others, and the world.
This Companion Reader provides invaluable insights that enable both participants and leaders to dig deeper into the spiritual practices essential to the life of discipleship. Each chapter corresponds to a week in the Daily Workbook, providing biblical and theological background on the weeks theme from a distinctively Wesleyan perspective. Perfect for enhancing personal or group study and reflection, answering questions, and providing material for worship planning during a congregation-wide emphasis.
A very useful explanation of the traditional Wesleyan view of Christian discipleship, strengthened in particular by its stress on the balanced approach of the Methodist way. Dr. Richard P. Heitzenrater, Duke University Divnity School
A Disciples Path resonates with the spirit of John Wesley, whose guidance applies to fledgling twenty-first century disciples. David Brownlee, Lead Pastor, Christ United Methodist Church, Jackson, Mississippi
Justin LaRosa is a licensed clinical social worker and Deacon who leads the new ministry of Hyde Park United Methodist Church in downtown Tampa, Florida. He served for eight years as the Minister of Discipleship, working with a team of leaders to facilitate the process of organizing, training, empowering, and supporting laypersons. Justin is co-author with James A. Harnish of A Disciple's Path and A Disciple's Heart.
Carmine VarlottaAge: Over 65Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5This product is excellent for new MethodistsAugust 27, 2012Carmine VarlottaAge: Over 65Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 5Meets Expectations: 4In addition to serving as an excellent resource for folks new to the Methodist church, it serves as a very good refresher even for those who are long standing Methodists.
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Books >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Books >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Start A New Search