With the Dictionary of the Old Testament: Prophets
, IVP's Bible Dictionary
series completes its coverage of the Old Testament canonical books. A true compendium of recent scholarship, the volume includes 115 articles covering all aspects of Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, the twelve "minor prophets" and Daniel. Each book's historical, cultural, religious and literary background is thoroughly covered, alongside articles on interpretation history and critical method. Pastors, scholars and students will find this a deep resource for their Old Testament studies.Features
- Fourth Old Testament volume in IVP's Bible Dictionary series
- 115 articles covering all aspects of Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, the twelve "minor prophets" and Daniel
- Over 90 contributors, including well known experts in the prophets
- Coverage of each prophetic book, including separate articles on history of interpretation and key methods of interpretation
- Numerous articles on theological themes and literary motifs
- Full coverage of the literary dimensions of the prophets
- Well rounded treatments of Israelite prophecy and its ancient Near Eastern context
- Up-to-date bibliographies
J. Gordon McConville is professor of Old Testament theology at the University of Gloucestershire in Cheltenham, England. He is the author of several books and studies on Old Testament topics, including (JSOT Press), (with J. G. Millar, JSOT Press) and (Apollos).
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.