A triumph of rigorous scholarship and sound theological judgement, Keil & Delitzsch remains one of the most popular Old Testament commentaries available. This commentary set includes a discussion of the nature of Old Testament literature, introduces each book of the Old Testament, and offers in-depth analyses of the Hebrew text. While the content is unchanged, its format has been updated, and some errors from the original have been corrected. This edition is newly typeset in modern, easy-to-read type, Arabic has been transliterated, biblical references have been changed from Roman to Arabic numerals, and long paragraphs have been broken into shorter ones so that the work is easier to read. Finally, please note that this edition does not include a CD-Rom.Proofreading of all Greek and Hebrew wordsModernization of abbreviationsA custom-designed font that is more readable than the originalStandardized formatting for each volume (the original had different formats in each volume)Movement of the commentary on Ezra, Nehemiah and Esther from volume three to volume four (to make each volume a more consistent length)Continuous pagination in each volume, with a separate table of contents for each volume
Other features include:
**Please Note: This edition of the Keil & Delitzsch Old Testament Commentary does not come with a CD-Rom.**
Enhancing a Landmark of Biblical Exposition
A triumph of rigorous scholarship and sound theological judgment, Keil & Delitzsch remains one of the most popular Old Testament commentaries available.
• 10 attractive hardcover volumes
• Improved typeface design for clarity over the original
• Modernization of abbreviations
• Original Arabic words transliterated into English
• Biblical references changed from Roman into Arabic numerals
• Standardized formatting for each volume
• Extended length paragraphs made shorter and more readable
• Volume One: Pentateuch
• Volume Two: Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 & 2 Samuel
• Volume Three: 1 & 2 Kings, 1 & 2 Chronicles
• Volume Four: Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Job
• Volume Five: Psalms
• Volume Six: Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Songs
• Volume Seven: Isaiah
• Volume Eight: Jeremiah, Lamentations
• Volume Nine: Ezekiel, Daniel
• Volume Ten: Minor Prophets
"Keil and Delitzsch's Commentary on the Old Testament is a classic of the nineteenth century. It is popular with conservatives because of its theology. But its sharp insights mean it is by no means just conservatives who find it helpfulit is not uncommon, for example, to see it cited in the bibliography of an academic study. It is therefore welcome that Hendrickson have made it available in a lightly corrected version."
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.