- All Products
- Closeoutshttp://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?event=EBRN&N=5401&Nso=1&Nu=product%2Eendeca%5Frollup&Ns=product%2Enumber%5Fsold (5,585)
- Media Type
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
- At least 90% off
Open this issue of Christian History & Biography to encounter a man who was a failed missionary, a lost explorer, and one of the monumental figures of the 1800's.
Failed missionary, lost explorer, and one of the monumental figures of the 1800s.
Inside this issue you'll find:
- Discovering Livingstone - The man, the missionary, the explorer, the legend.
- Also: Creatures Great and Small and Annoying
- Also: David in the Lion's Den
- On Expedition in Africa - The explorer encounters an exotic continent.
- The Evil that Baffled Reformers - African slavery thwarted every effort to eradicate it.
- The Man with Three "Wives" - Though Livingstone loved his family, he spent little time with them.
- Also: Finding a Useful Wife
- The Other Livingstone - The same traits that led the explorer to greatness, led him into the Zambezi disaster.
- Accidental Missionary - Henry Stanley did more than find Livingstone-he followed him.
- Great White Father - After Livingstone opened Africa, Western missionaries moved in by the thousands. Did they hurt or help Africans?
Vendor: Christianity Today
Publication Date: 1997
|Availability: In Stock|
Series: Christian History and Biography Magazine
momtogijot4 Stars Out Of 5Interesting TidbitsFebruary 8, 2011momtogijotQuality: 3Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4
Included information about Dr. Livingstone's family not previously included in the previous biography I had read.
Judy Lawrence4 Stars Out Of 5August 9, 2010Judy Lawrence
This book was very interesting and an eye-opener to the real person David Livinstone was. The honestly written articles proved that no man is perfect but can still be used of God. His love for the people of Africa and his love for adventure was inspiring! I really enjoyed the magazine and recommend it to anyone who loves history and learning again that people are flawed no matter who they are -- and God uses them inspite of it.