- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 560
Publication Date: 1987
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
Rich in historical events and colorfully written, this fascinating account of women in the church spans nearly two thousand years of church history. It tells of events and aspirations, determination and disappointment, patience and achievement that mark the history of daughters of the church from the time of Jesus to the present. The authors have endeavored to present an objective story. The very fact that readers may find themselves surprised now and again by the prominent role of women in certain events and movements proves an inequality that historical narrative has often been guilty of. This is a book about women. It is a setting straight off the record -- a restoring of balance to history that has repeatedly played down the significance of the contributions of women to the theology, the witness, the movements, and the growth of the church. An exegetical study of relevant Scripture passages offers stimulating thought for discussion and for serious reevaluation of historical givens. This volume is enriched by pictures, appendixes, bibliography, and indexes. Like many of the women whose stories it tells, this book has a subdued strength that should not be underestimated.
Walter L. Liefeld is distinguished professor emeritus of New Testament at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School and is the author of Luke in the Expositor's Bible Commentary series.
Denis L Keleher4 Stars Out Of 5September 8, 2010Denis L KeleherI needed a reference which provided a thorough summary of the women in the history of Christianity which would provide a chronology to guide my further studies; this will do the job most satisfactorily.
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Church History >> Significant People & Events >> Historical Studies
- Academic >> Church History >> Women's Studies
- Academic >> Theology >> General Theology >> Women's Studies >> Historical Studies
- Academic >> Theology >> Women's Studies
- Books >> Church History >> Significant People & Events >> Historical Studies
- Books >> Church History >> Women's Studies
- Books >> Theology >> General Theology >> Women's Studies >> Historical Studies
- Books >> Theology >> Women's Studies
- Start A New Search