- All Products
- Christian Livinghttp://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?event=EBRN&N=5401&Ne=1119299&Nso=1&Nu=product%2Eendeca%5Frollup&Ns=product%2Enumber%5Fsold
- Media Type
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
- At least 90% off
CBDReader App for Android
Using your Android device, you can download the CBDReader App directly from the Android Market. First, click on the 'Apps' icon from your main screen.
On the app screen, click 'Market' or 'Play Store'.
Click the spy glass icon and search 'CBDReader'.
Click 'Accept and download' to affirm the terms and conditions.
Click 'Open' to open the reader.
Log in with your CBD account and all the eBooks you've purchased on the Christianbook.com website will be automatically added to your device.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Darkness Is My Only Companion takes a compassionate look at mental illness, offering theological understanding and personal insights from the author's personal experiences. It provides poignant glimpses into the mind of a mentally ill person and practical advice for friends, family, and clergy.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Brazos Press
Publication Date: 2006
Availability: In Stock
With brutal honesty, she tackles often avoided topics such as suicide, mental hospitals, and shock therapy. Greene-McCreight offers the reader everything from poignant and raw glimpses into the mind of a mentally ill person to practical and forthright advice for their friends, family, and clergy. Her voice is a comfort to those who suffer from mental illness and an invaluable resource for those who love and support them.
Ralph Bach5 Stars Out Of 5November 12, 2010Ralph BachQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5
At this point, I skimmed over the book, reading in random chapters, and the information certainly is enlightening.
Having just completed a course sponsored by the National Alliance on Mental Illness, this book will offer personal insights, that will be applicable to other issues.
I plan to use the book as a reference in a ministry for the families of those with mental illness.
Susan Kett4 Stars Out Of 5October 5, 2007Susan Kett
Darkness Is My Only Companion was one of the most comprehensive books I have read on the subject of bipolar disorder. I have read many books on the subject but this book covered extensively, the relationship between God and each individual found locked in this illness. The authors willingness to be so open about her journey has made a true connection with the reader who suffers.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Grace for the Afflicted: A Clinical and Biblical Perspective on Mental Illness - eBookMatthew S. StanfordIVP Books / 2012 / ePub$7.69 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$9.99Save 23% ($2.30)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW27100EB
Find Related Products
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges >> Pain & Suffering
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Download >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Medical Ethics
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search