- All Products
- Church & Pastoralhttp://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?event=EBRN&N=5401&Ne=1107462&Nso=1&Nu=product%2Eendeca%5Frollup&Ns=product%2Enumber%5Fsold
- Media Type
- Theological Tradition
- Guides & Workbooks
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
- At least 90% off
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2010
Availability: In Stock
Hard to Dance With the Devil On Your Back is a seven-session Lenten study that looks at the transcendent struggle in the lives of believers, while helping us to enter the continually crumbling world surrounding Jesus and the disciples in the days preceding Jesus.
Appropriate for both group and individual use, the study provides one lesson for each week in Lent. Each lesson includes a Scripture reference, a brief reading, questions for reflection or discussion, a brief prayer, and a focus for the coming week.
Buckley is the author/illustrator of five books: Gods Love is Like (1998,Abingdon Press), The Give-Away: A Christmas Story in the Native American Tradition (1999, Abingdon Press), The Wing (2002, Abingdon Press), Christmas Moccasins (2003, Abingdon Press), and Dancing with Words: Storytelling as Legacy, Culture, and Faith (Discipleship Resources, 2003). He is also the author of Creator Sang a Welcoming Song (2007), and Walking in These White Man Shoes (2007), children and youth resources for the Womens Dvision School of Missions. The Give-Away was selected to appear on the CBS Christmas Eve special, An American Christmas, produced by the National Council of Churches. His stories, poetry, and art have appeared in numerous journals, periodicals, books, and museums.
Buckley has taught in Nigeria, and Ghana, and served as a lecturer in Native American studies for several universities.
Ray Buckley was a keynote speaker at the Jubilee 2000, Cardinal Maeda Institute. At the invitation of the Council of Canadian Catholic Bishops, he has twice appeared on the nationally televised Canadian Catholic Broadcasting Corporations Lenten series. In July 2001, Ray was a keynote speaker at the General Synod of the UCC/Disciples of Christ General Assembly. In 2003, 2004, and 2007, Mr. Buckley was a guest lecturer at the Pontifical Biblical Institute of the Vatican.
Ray was chosen as the Howard Preacher for Phillips Theological Seminary, delivered the McDonald Lecture Series (New Mexico), and the Ira Galloway Lecture Series (Peoria, IL). Buckley was one of five keynote speakers at Youth 2007 (SPLAT), sponsored by the General Board of Discipleship.
Author/illustrator Ray Buckley is of Lakota/Tlingit/Scots descent. Ray is one of several Native leaders profiled in As Long As the Waters Flow: Native Americans in the South and East, by Frye Gillard, and The Power of
Eagles: Natures Way to Individual Accomplishment, by Twyman L. Towery.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Find Related Products
- Church & Pastoral >> Ecumenical & Multicultural Ministry
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Seasonal Studies
- Download >> Bible Studies >> Seasonal Studies
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies >> Seasonal Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- eBooks >> Bible Studies >> Seasonal Studies
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Ecumenical & Multicultural Ministry
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Seasonal Studies
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search