5 Stars Out Of 5
Hard to put these books down.....
April 20, 2013
What would you do if you woke to find you had been beaten and have no memory of what happened or even who you are? Only to find out you look eerily similar to a woman that was killed and now someone is trying to kill you?
- Or that you've have been kidnapped and you find out that you and your fellow captives are the latest victims of a human trafficking ring.
- Or your best friend and business partner's husband has been kidnapped and you are a suspect?
And you find out all of this and more are the workings of an evil organization that is out to ruin the good and take what they want - and they mean to have it no matter the cost?
This is the Crossroad Crisis Series by Vicki Hinze. In this 3 book series ("Forget Me Not", "Deadly Ties" and "Not this Time") Vicki takes us on a journey with the Crossroads Crisis Center and all it's huge family of workers and friends. An international terrorist organization (NINA) has arrived in it's town and has brought with it murder, kidnapping and everything else expected of a terrorist organization.
But wait, you say, these are Christian books - and indeed they are.
These books are not just about terrorists and their evil deeds by no means. They are just the instrument, the instrument that allow the God's lessons to unfold.
Through these pages and the personal trials you will learn:
- How God only gives you what he knows you can handle
- How God, through your walk of life, prepares and strengthens you for your future.
- How to live and walk in Faith
- How to accept God's Grace
- How even those that have committed the most heinous of crimes, can be forgiven and walk with God.
- and much more.
I am sure that everyone that reads these books will see themselves somewhere on the pages of these stories. These books are full of life lessons that we can all learn from.
At the end of each book is a reader's Guide with thought provoking questions and relational Bible verses for the reader to study.
On a personal note: I found myself so drawn into these novels that I felt like I was part of what was happening. Only the best of writers can make you feel as though you are living the story. Needless to say, I had a very hard time putting these books down.
I did receive a copy of these books in exchange for my honest review.