The Author Randy Alcorn made this statement ."About 20 percent of the book comes directly from the movie ;the other 80 percent I had to invent to make this a novel." Why if the movie is so good did Why did he use so little of it! What he used is very easy to identify. The best part of when he added was the relationship between Javier and his parents.
In my opinion what he did with Dylan did not make the story better. The book as whole with out any movie connection has a worthwhile message to it. I did like the continuation of Catherine & Caleb Holt from Fireproof. as well as the Brock Kelly From Facing The Giants.
In both the Book and Movie it was so very good to see how much Nathan would fight for and protect his children!
This was a very powerful book. I couldn't put it down once starting it. We traveled about 75 miles (the closest to our area) to see the movie of the same name, and were not disappointed. This is a must read!! Highly recommended!!!