Learn and practice how to speak conversational Haitian Creole with this interactive audio program. Featuring sixteen 30-minute lessons of spoken Haitian Creole language instruction, with each lesson including an introductory conversation, new vocabulary and structures, and practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons. Topics include: greetings, numbers, meals, shopping, telling time, schedule activities, and asking and giving directions. 8 audio CDs.
Haitian Creole is one of the official languages of Haiti, along with French. It is a French-based creole heavily influenced by West African languages. Pimsleur's Haitian Creole teaches the standard dialect spoken in and around the central district and the capital, Port-au-Prince.Haitian Creole, Comprehensive
Pimsleur® equals success. Just one 30-minute lesson a day gets you speaking and understanding like no other program.
- Sixteen 30-minute lessons of spoken Haitian Creole language instruction. These sixteen lessons are the same as the first sixteen lesson of Pimsleur's 30-Unit Comprehensive Program.
- Each lesson includes an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures and includes practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons.
- Essential grammar and vocabulary. Topics include: greetings, numbers, meals, shopping, telling time, scheduling activities, and asking and giving directions.
- No mindless repetition! Converse with native speakers in natural (and useful!) conversations.
- Easy, fast, fun and effective language acquisition.
- Completely Audio - anytime, anywhere. No computer necessary! Unlike expensive software programs which tie learners to a computer, Pimsleur courses are available in CD or mp3 format to meet your needs.
Dr. Paul Pimsleur devoted his life to language teaching and testing and was one of the worlds leading experts in applied linguistics. After years of experience and research, Dr. Pimsleur developed The Pimsleur Method based on two key principles: the Principle of Anticipation and a scientific principle of memory training that he called "Graduated Interval Recall." This Method has been applied to the many levels and languages of the Pimsleur Programs.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.