Conversational Tagalog includes the first 16 lessons from the Pimsleur Comprehensive Level I Program, with eight hours of interactive audio-only, real-life instruction. The Pimsleur Method gives you quick command of Tagalog structure without tedious drills; the language is presented as one integrated piece for easy success. You'll receive lessons with grammar and vocabulary taught together; interactive audio-only instruction; and 30-minute lessons designed to optimize the amount of language you can learn in one sitting! 8 Audio CDs included.
Tagalog is the most widely-spoken language of the Philippines, with approximately 24 million native speakers. Several dialects of Tagalog are spoken in different regions. Pimsleur's Tagalog teaches the dialect spoken in Manila, which dominates the Philippine media.Tagalog, Conversational
Pimsleur® equals success. Just one 30-minute lesson a day gets you speaking and understanding like no other program.
- Sixteen 30-minute lessons of spoken Tagalog language instruction. These sixteen lessons are the same as the first sixteen lesson of Pimsleur's 30-Unit Comprehensive Program.
- Each lesson includes an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures and includes practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons.
- Essential grammar and vocabulary. Topics include: greetings, numbers, meals, shopping, telling time, scheduling activities, and asking and giving directions.
- No mindless repetition! Converse with native speakers in natural (and useful!) conversations.
- Easy, fast, fun and effective language acquisition.
- Completely Audio - anytime, anywhere. No computer necessary! Unlike expensive software programs which tie learners to a computer, Pimsleur courses are available in CD or mp3 format to meet your needs.
Dr. Paul Pimsleur devoted his life to language teaching and testing and was one of the worlds leading experts in applied linguistics. After years of experience and research, Dr. Pimsleur developed The Pimsleur Method based on two key principles: the Principle of Anticipation and a scientific principle of memory training that he called "Graduated Interval Recall." This Method has been applied to the many levels and languages of the Pimsleur Programs.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.