Learn Farsi with Dr. Pimsleur's proven method for learning foreign languages! Conversational Farsi includes the first 16 lessons from the Comprehensive Level I, with eight hours of interactive audio-only, real-life instruction. The Pimsleur Method gives you quick command of Farsi language structure without tedious drills, presenting the whole language as one integrated piece so you can succeed. You'll receive lessons in both grammar and vocabulary within each conversation; interactive audio-only instruction; and 30-minute lessons designed to optimize the amount of language you can learn in one sitting!
Persian is the official language of Iran, Afghanistan, and Tajikistan. Persian has three major dialects: Farsi (spoken in Iran), Dari (spoken in Afghanistan), and Tajik (spoken in Tajikistan). Pimsleur's Farsi teaches Persian as spoken in Iran.Farsi Persian, Conversational
Pimsleur® equals success. Just one 30-minute lesson a day gets you speaking and understanding like no other program.
- Sixteen 30-minute lessons of spoken Farsi Persian language instruction. These sixteen lessons are the same as the first sixteen lesson of Pimsleur's 30-Unit Comprehensive Program.
- Each lesson includes an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures and includes practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons.
- Essential grammar and vocabulary. Topics include: greetings, numbers, meals, shopping, telling time, scheduling activities, and asking and giving directions.
- No mindless repetition! Converse with native speakers in natural (and useful!) conversations.
- Easy, fast, fun and effective language acquisition.
- Completely Audio - anytime, anywhere. No computer necessary! Unlike expensive software programs which tie learners to a computer, Pimsleur courses are available in CD or mp3 format to meet your needs.
Dr. Paul Pimsleur devoted his life to language teaching and testing and was one of the worlds leading experts in applied linguistics. After years of experience and research, Dr. Pimsleur developed The Pimsleur Method based on two key principles: the Principle of Anticipation and a scientific principle of memory training that he called "Graduated Interval Recall." This Method has been applied to the many levels and languages of the Pimsleur Programs.
"Pimsleur programs provide plenty of positive reinforcement that will keep learners on track, and we found that Pimsleur gave us more proficiency and confidence in speaking the new language than any of the other language programs we reviewed." -- AudioFile Magazine
"EXTREMELY ACCESSIBLE...each section within the lessons is short enough to hold our attention, and there is enough repetition to teach even those who consider themselves slow learners...Pimsleur [programs] are extremely thorough and easy to use -- quite lively!" -- Boston Herald
"Learn French while commuting, German while jogging, Spanish (or Russian, Italian, and Japanese) while cooking all with NO WRITTEN MATERIALS!" -- New York Daily News
"Designed for the ear and not the eye...the lessons provide PERFECT 30-minute bites of work." -- St Louis Post-Dispatch
"Learn to habla español or parlez français before your next trip aboard. The interactive LESSONS CHALLENGE STUDENTS to use new words in conversation instead of memorize them." -- American Way (American Airlines inflight magazine)
"I tried other language programs with little success...This is the best by far!" -- Pamela A. Mitchell, Pilot, International Society of Women Airline Pilots
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.