Consuming Jesus: Confronting Race and Class Division in the Consumer Church
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Vendor: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.
Publication Date: 2007
Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 (inches)
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
Global God, The: Multicultural Evangelical Views of GodAida Besancon Spencer, William David SpencerBaker / 1998 / Trade Paperback$24.99 Retail:
$29.00Save 14% ($4.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW1021634
Multicultural Ministry: Finding Your Church's Unique RhythmDavid A. AndersonZondervan / 2004 / Trade Paperback$10.99 Retail:
$14.99Save 27% ($4.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW51587
Diverse Worship: African-American, Caribbean and Hispanic PrespectivesPedrito Maynard-ReidInter-Varsity Press / 2000 / Trade Paperback$14.00 Retail:
$20.00Save 30% ($6.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW815791
Consumerism affects and infects the church, reinforcing race and class divisions in society. Intentionally or unintentionally, many churches have set up structures of church growth that foster segregation, such as appealing to consumer appetites. Metzger here argues that the evangelical Christian church needs to admit this fault and intentionally move away from race, class, and consumer segregation.
Challenging the consumerism that fosters ethnic and economic divisions and distorts evangelical Christianity, Consuming Jesus puts forth a theologically grounded call to restructure the church's passions and practices, transforming the evangelical imagination around a nobler, all-consuming vision of the Christian faith.
Find Related Products
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Conflict Resolution
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Ecumenical & Multicultural Ministry
- Books >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Politics >> Racial Issues
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Conflict Resolution
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth
- Church & Pastoral >> Ecumenical & Multicultural Ministry
- Start A New Search