Complete Jewish Bible - Hardcover
- NIV-New International Version
- KJV-King James Version
- NKJV-New King James Version
- ESV-English Standard Version
- NLT-New Living Translation
- NASB-New American Standard
- HCSB-Holman Christian Standard
- NIrV-New International Readers Version
- NRSV-New Revised Standard Version
- CEB-Common English Bible
- Ancient Manuscripts
- Author's Translation
- CEV-Contemporary English Version
- Dios Habla Hoy
- GNT-Good News Translation
- God's Word
- NAB-New American Bible
- NABRE-New American Bible Revised Edition
- NBD-Nueva Biblia al Dia
- NCV-New Century Version
- NET-New English Translation
- NTV-Nueva Traduccion Viviente
- NVI-Nueva Version Internacional
- RSV-Revised Standard Version
- RVR-Reina Valera
- The Voice
- TLA-Traduccion en Lenguaje Actual
- With Apocrypha
- MEV-Modern English Version
- TEV-Today's English Version
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Book Introductions
- Book Outlines
- Character Profiles
- Family Record Page
- Gilded Edges
- Gold Gilding
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Magnetic Flap
- Note Pages
- Other Helps
- Plan of Salvation
- Presentation Page
- Ribbon Marker
- Silver Gilding
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Thumb Index
- Topical Index
- Two or More Ribbon Markers
- w / Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The Complete Jewish Bible:
- Follows the Hebrew Bible order of the Tanakh's books the order with which Yeshua (Jesus) was familiar
- Makes no separation between "Old" and "New" Testaments
- Corrects mistranslations in the New Testament resulting from anti-Jewish theological bias
- Offers the original Hebrew names for people, places, and concepts, using easy-to-read English transliterations
- Focuses on Messianic prophecy
- Gives the traditional weekly and holiday synagogue readings, plus relevant readings from the B'rit Hadashah (New Testament)
- Reconnects Christians with their Jewish roots and the Jewish people
- Connects Jews with the Jewishness of Messiah Yeshua and Messianic faith
The complete Jewish Bible shows that the Word of God, from Genesis to Revelation is a unified Jewish book meant for everyone--Jew and non-Jew alike.
1631 pages (including maps & other helps), in hardcover.
Number of Pages: 1626
Vendor: Messianic Jewish Publishers
Publication Date: 1998
Dimensions: 8.75 X 6.0 X 1.5 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Text Layout: Single Column
Text Color: Black Letter
The Jewish New Testament Commentary: A Companion Volume to the Jewish New TestamentDavid H. SternMessianic Jewish Publishers / 1995 / Trade Paperback$19.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 17 Reviews
$29.99Save 33% ($10.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW3590111
Pamela5 Stars Out Of 5BibleApril 30, 2015PamelaQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I love the Complete Jewish Bible, it is easy to read and understand, I am able to learn all the names in Hebrew as I read. This is a great addition to my study material.
Mik4 Stars Out Of 5A Solid 4 StarsMarch 25, 2015MikI really love this translation. I am not personally Messianic, but I am simply a Christian looking for a deeper understanding of Jewish terms and culture. I also wanted a bible in chronological order to read straight through for history's sake. I am not educated in the Hebrew language whatsoever, and so I put off getting a Jewish bible for that reason for a while because I thought I'd be getting in over my head, and I don't have a lot of time to devote to memorizing things.
I feel silly now, this bible is easy to navigate and totally accessible to the common modern Christian. The translation is simple and concise,I don't know what to compare it to, but probably not a formal equivalence like NASB, ESV, or NRSV. It's probably more like the NIV or NLT if I had to guess. I like them all really, so this is fine in my opinion.
I cannot five this book 5 stars because the spine is really flimsy for a hardcover. Very thin and brittle. The first one I recieved had a split in it upon arrival, so I was promptly issued a replacement (CBD was very gracious about this). I re-inforced the ends of the spine with packing tape, so it should fare alright for light home use. I see that the price recently dropped a few dollars on this, which honestly is what I think it should be worth, it's rather cheap and creaky. It's not one for frequent church trips, children, or missions ;)
But if you're looking for an introductory bible into Jewish roots this is a good start!
Betty5 Stars Out Of 5Complete Jewish Bible (Large Print)December 23, 2014BettyGreat!!!! Highly recommend it.
AngelOfGod475 Stars Out Of 5Complete Jewish Bible - HardcoverDecember 22, 2014AngelOfGod47Quality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I love The Complete Jewish Bible and totally enjoy reading and studying it! Learning the Hebrew words is my favorite and brings such joy to me. One of my daughters came to visit me, began to read from it and said that it is the best Bible she has ever read. I bought her one and she is loving it. In conversation with one of my other daughters, I happened to mention it and she wanted one... And the gifts go on!
barbara5 Stars Out Of 5A Gift for my DaughterDecember 13, 2014barbaraThis is an excellent Bible. It is good for a serious Bible student. My daughter loves it.
Q: Does this Bible give the Hebrew equivalent in it's words? Like, is the Lord's Prayer for example in Hebrew or the English we are all familiar with?
This Bible is not printed in Hebrew text. It gives original Hebrew names for people, places, and concepts in English transliterations and corrects mistranslations in the New Testament resulting from anti-Jewish theological bias.
The Lord's Prayer reads, "Our Father in heaven! May your Name be kept holy. May your Kingdom come, your will be done on earth as in heaven. Give us the food we need today. Forgive us what we have done wrong, as we too have forgiven those who have wronged us. And do not lead us into hard testing, but keep us safe from the Evil One. For kingship, power and glory are yours forever. Amen"
Other Customers Also Purchased
Too Busy Not to Pray, 20th Anniversary Edition- softcoverBill HybelsInterVarsity Press / 2008 / Trade Paperback$11.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 17 Reviews
$16.00Save 25% ($4.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW834754