Originally published as eight separate volumes, and now conveniently collected in one edition, The Complete Chess Course
offers a summarized review of the basic principles of chess as well as the fine points of the world's most challenging game. For beginners and experts alike.
- Book One- Summary of chess fundamentals, providing your first springboard into this "royal" game.
- Book Two- The nine most common mistakes, from neglecting development of your pieces and underestimating your opponent's threats to getting pinned and making too many Queen moves in the opening.
- Book Three- Planning the opening, from the White point of view, so as to get a promising middle game.
- Book Four- From Black's point of view, discussion of counterattack and defense.
- Book Five- How to win when you're ahead, with discussion and examples of endings.
- Book Six- How to fight back, and making the best of an apparently lost game.
- Book Seven- How to play the King Pawn openings, with presentations of Danish Gambit, Sicilian Defense, and others.
- Book Eight- How to play the Queen Pawn openings, with examples of Queen's Indian Defense and Queen's Gambit Accepted, as well as others.
Combining eight volumes into one, the mostacomprehensive book on chess ever published. Fromaopening gambit to endgame, this home-study chess courseais the classic in theafield.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.