- All Products
- Gift & Homehttp://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?event=EBRN&N=5401&Ne=1032880&Nso=1&Nu=product%2Eendeca%5Frollup&Ns=product%2Enumber%5Fsold
- Media Type
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 1993
Availability: In Stock
The Season of Light: Daily Prayer for the Lighting of the Advent WreathJay Cormier5 Stars Out Of 5 1 ReviewsSave 30%
The Red Suit Diaries - Unabridged Audiobook on MP3 CD-ROMEd ButchartSave 32%
The Christmas Star: Cycle BFrank RamirezSave 10%
From Advent wreaths to Chrismon Trees, from Mistletoe to Luminarias, from Hanging of the Greens to Epiphany, Come to Christmas provides families, worship committee members, Christian educators, and clergy with a treasury of information and worship ideas for the season.
- The Season of Advent
- Advent Wreaths and the significance of the candles
- Hanging of the Greens
- Chrismon Trees
- The Jesse Tree
- The origins of popular traditions such as Santa Claus, misletoe, and poinsettias.
- and much, much more
- A brief set of Advent services for lighting the Advent candles
- Popular, hard to find songs: "The Holly & the Ivy," "The Friendly Beasts," and more
This short and simple information can be adapted to children's sermons, Sunday School programs, or family worship. Adult Sunday School classes will enjoy learning more about the seasons of Advent and Christmas, too!
Did you know. . .Christmas is centered in the new hope brought by the Christ child; Advent is the season of preparation leading up to the Event. It is a time when we prepare ourselves for the coming of our Messiah. Advent means "Coming." We celebrate these days of Advent in expectation and preparation for Christ's arrival.
The Jesse Tree is named from Isaiah 11:1: "A shoot will spring forth from the stump of Jesse, and a branch out of his roots." It is a vehicle to tell the Story of God in the Old Testament, and to connect the Advent Season with the faithfulness of God across 4,000 years of history.
The tradition of the Jesse Tree comes to us from Europe. The "tree" is usually a branch or sapling; it may be a real tree or a wall hanging, which is decorated with various symbols that remind us of the purpose and promises of God from Creation to the Birth of Jesus Christ.
The observance of the Hanging of the Greens is an old English custom of decorating with evergreens and other festive trimmings for Advent and Christmas.
Chrismons are handmade Christmas tree ornaments with various symbols of Christianity. The name Chrismon comes from a combination of CHRISt and MONogram.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Christmas Program Builder No. 64, BookHeidi PetakSave 8%
Find Related Products
- Books >> Family >> Activities & Traditions >> Holidays & Special Occasions
- Books >> Gift Books >> Seasonal & Holidays
- Christmas >> Books >> Family
- Christmas >> Books >> Gift Books
- Christmas >> Gift & Home >> Gift Books
- Family >> Activities & Traditions >> Holidays & Special Occasions
- Gift & Home >> Gift Books >> Seasonal & Holidays
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search