- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 768
Publication Date: 2008
Availability: In Stock
Series: Chronicles of Narnia
Other Customers Also Purchased
A Family Guide to The Lion, the Witch and the WardrobeChristin DitchfieldCrossway / 2005 / Trade Paperback$7.19 Retail:
$7.99Save 10% ($0.80)Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.CBD Stock No: WW47251
The Sacred Bridge: Carta's Atlas of the Biblical WorldAnson F. Rainey, Steven NotleyCarta Jerusalem / 2014 / Hardcover$88.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$120.00Save 26% ($31.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW208491
The Magnificent Obsession: Embracing the God-Filled LifeAnne Graham LotzZondervan / 2009 / Hardcover$6.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 28 Reviews
$19.99Save 65% ($13.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW262880Video
This box set includes all seven books in the classic fantasy series The Chronicles of Narnia in one paperback volume along with the unabridged celebrity recordings of the series on 31 CDs.
Read C. S. Lewis's classic fantasy series or listen to it narrated by some of the world's most renowned performers:
- The Magician's Nephew narrated by Kenneth Branagh
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe narrated by Michael York
- The Horse and His Boy narrated by Alex Jennings
- Prince Caspian narrated by Lynn Redgrave
- The Voyage of the Dawn Treader narrated by Derek Jacobi
- The Silver Chair narrated by Jeremy Northam
- The Last Battle narrated by Patrick Stewart
The Chronicles of Narnia has transcended the fantasy genre to become part of the canon of classic literature. Each of the seven books is a masterpiece, drawing the reader into a land where magic meets reality, and worlds come and go at the toss of a ring. For over sixty years, the classic series has captivated fans with adventures, characters, and truths that speak to readers of all ages.
Clive Staples Lewis was born in 1898. Known as "Jack" by his friends, Lewis and his good friend J.R.R. Tolkien, the author of The Lord of the Rings trilogy, were part of a writer's club, The Inklings, who would meet at the local pub to discuss story ideas. Lewis's fascination with fairytales, myths, and ancient legends coupled with inspiration drawn from his childhood led him to write The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, one of the best-loved books of all time. Six further books in the immensely popular Chronicles of Narnia followed, and the final title, The Last Battle, received the Carnegie Award, one of the highest marks of excellence in children's literature.
Clive Staples Lewis (1898-1963) fue uno de los intelectuales más importantes del siglo veinte y podría decirse que fue el escritor cristiano más influyente de su tiempo. Fue profesor particular de literatura inglesa y miembro de la junta de gobierno en la Universidad Oxford hasta 1954, cuando fue nombrado profesor de literatura medieval y renacentista en la Universidad Cambridge, cargo que desempeñó hasta que se jubiló. Sus contribuciones a la crítica literaria, literatura infantil, literatura fantástica y teología popular le trajeron fama y aclamación a nivel internacional. C. S. Lewis escribió más de treinta libros, lo cual le permitió alcanzar una enorme audiencia, y sus obras aún atraen a miles de nuevos lectores cada año. Sus más distinguidas y populares obras incluyen Las Crónicas de Narnia, Los Cuatro Amores, Cartas del Diablo a Su Sobrino y Mero Cristianismo.Pauline Baynes has produced hundreds of wonderful illustrations for the seven books in The Chronicles of Narnia. In 1968 she was awarded the prestigious Kate Greenaway Medal for her outstanding contribution to children's literature.
GeorgiaAge: 25-34Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Not The Focus On The Family Radio Theatre VersionDecember 26, 2012GeorgiaAge: 25-34Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Thankfully I took note of who produced this... This is Not the Focus on the Family Version. I prefer Radio/Audio Drama with a full cast.
This product is simply 1 person reading the book - good for most people I suppose - but not the exciting full cast of actors one would expect that brings C.S. Lewis's books to greater heights of realism that pulls one into Narnia.
wcguinAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5December 31, 2010wcguinAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 4Value: 5Meets Expectations: 4My 7 & 9 yr old sons love listening to the library copies of these. So glad to have our own set to listen to again and again! I attribute this particular set as being the reason they test so highly on their reading and comprehension tests at school. They also have long attention spans from listening. I'm very excited at the prospect of them becoming more intimate with Jesus, as they grow to know Him better through the characterization of Aslan.
ShayMichiganAge: 45-545 Stars Out Of 5Excellent!December 9, 2010ShayMichiganAge: 45-54Quality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This product is excellent. I listen to the cds while cooking dinner and etc. When I have time I listen and follow in the book. The voice on the cds is great! I would recommend this for a child as well as any adult! This is a great set to use in a classroom!
Stephen Hatton5 Stars Out Of 5November 25, 2008Stephen HattonThe English narration is superb and matches the style of writing, and is the best Audio Book I have heard.AN ABSOLUTE BARGAIN FOR THE PRICE.30 hours of joyful listening (30 cd's)Adults and children can enjoy this over and over again.
The Chronicles of Narnia Unabridged Boxed Set - Audiobook on CDC.S. LewisHarperCollins / 2004 / Compact disc$46.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 9 Reviews
$75.00Save 37% ($28.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW524751
The Chronicles of Narnia, One-Volume Edition, SoftcoverC.S. LewisHarperCollins / Trade Paperback$15.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 5 Reviews
$21.99Save 27% ($6.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW38508
Tales Before Narnia: The Roots of Modern Fantasy and Science FictionEdited by Douglas A. AndersonRandom House / 2008 / Trade Paperback$11.99 Retail:
$15.00Save 20% ($3.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW98907
Find Related Products
- Books >> Children >> Classics >> Classic Fiction
- Books >> Children >> Fiction >> Allegory
- Books >> Children >> Fiction >> Fantasy/Science Fiction
- Books >> Children >> Fiction >> Sets >> Allegory
- Books >> Children >> Fiction >> Sets >> Fantasy/Science Fiction
- Books >> Children >> Sets >> Boxed Sets
- Books >> Fiction >> Allegory
- Books >> Fiction >> Children >> Allegory
- Books >> Fiction >> Children >> Fantasy/Science Fiction
- Books >> Fiction >> Children >> Sets >> Allegory
- Books >> Fiction >> Children >> Sets >> Fantasy/Science Fiction
- Books >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Books >> Fiction >> Fantasy/Science Fiction
- Books >> Fiction >> Teens >> Fantasy/Science Fiction
- Books >> Fiction >> Teens >> Sets
- Children >> Children's Books >> Classics >> Classic Fiction
- Children >> Children's Books >> Fiction >> Allegory
- Children >> Children's Books >> Fiction >> Fantasy/Science Fiction
- Children >> Children's Books >> Fiction >> Sets >> Allegory
- Children >> Children's Books >> Fiction >> Sets >> Fantasy/Science Fiction
- Children >> Children's Books >> Sets >> Boxed Sets
- Fiction >> Allegory
- Fiction >> Children >> Allegory
- Fiction >> Children >> Fantasy/Science Fiction
- Fiction >> Children >> Sets >> Allegory
- Fiction >> Children >> Sets >> Fantasy/Science Fiction
- Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Fiction >> Fantasy/Science Fiction
- Fiction >> Teens >> Fantasy/Science Fiction
- Fiction >> Teens >> Sets
- Homeschool >> Reading >> Classics
- Teens >> Fiction >> Fantasy/Science Fiction
- Teens >> Fiction >> Sets
- Start A New Search