The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Hardcover
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 256
Vendor: HarperCollins Publishers
Publication Date: 1994
Dimensions: 9.5 X 6 X 1 (inches)
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
Series: Chronicles of Narnia
A beautiful hardcover edition of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, book five in the classic fantasy series, The Chronicles of Narnia. The full-color jacket features art by three time Caldecott award winning artist David Wiesner and black-and-white interior illustrations by the series' original illustrator, Pauline Baynes.
A king and some unexpected companions embark on a voyage that will take them beyond all known lands. As they sail farther and farther from charted waters, they discover that their quest is more than they imagined and that the world's end is only the beginning.
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is the fifth book in C. S. Lewis's classic fantasy series. For over sixty years, it has been captivating readers of all ages with magical lands they never dreamed existed for over sixty years. This is a novel that stands on its own, but if you would like to continue to the journey, read The Silver Chair, the sixth book in The Chronicles of Narnia.
Clive Staples Lewis was born in 1898. Known as "Jack" by his friends, Lewis and his good friend J.R.R. Tolkien, the author of The Lord of the Rings trilogy, were part of a writer's club, The Inklings, who would meet at the local pub to discuss story ideas. Lewis's fascination with fairytales, myths, and ancient legends coupled with inspiration drawn from his childhood led him to write The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, one of the best-loved books of all time. Six further books in the immensely popular Chronicles of Narnia followed, and the final title, The Last Battle, received the Carnegie Award, one of the highest marks of excellence in children's literature.
Clive Staples Lewis (1898-1963) fue uno de los intelectuales más importantes del siglo veinte y podría decirse que fue el escritor cristiano más influyente de su tiempo. Fue profesor particular de literatura inglesa y miembro de la junta de gobierno en la Universidad Oxford hasta 1954, cuando fue nombrado profesor de literatura medieval y renacentista en la Universidad Cambridge, cargo que desempeñó hasta que se jubiló. Sus contribuciones a la crítica literaria, literatura infantil, literatura fantástica y teología popular le trajeron fama y aclamación a nivel internacional. C. S. Lewis escribió más de treinta libros, lo cual le permitió alcanzar una enorme audiencia, y sus obras aún atraen a miles de nuevos lectores cada año. Sus más distinguidas y populares obras incluyen Las Crónicas de Narnia, Los Cuatro Amores, Cartas del Diablo a Su Sobrino y Mero Cristianismo.Pauline Baynes has produced hundreds of wonderful illustrations for the seven books in The Chronicles of Narnia. In 1968 she was awarded the prestigious Kate Greenaway Medal for her outstanding contribution to children's literature. Pauline Baynes' work on The Chronicles of Narnia spans over 50 years. She has been both the winner and runner-up of the United Kingdom's Kate Greenaway Medal, an honor that places her in the forefront of children's illustrators.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Find Related Products
- Books >> Children >> Classics >> Classic Fiction
- Books >> Children >> Fiction >> Allegory
- Books >> Children >> Fiction >> Fantasy/Science Fiction
- Books >> Fiction >> Allegory
- Books >> Fiction >> Children >> Allegory
- Books >> Fiction >> Children >> Fantasy/Science Fiction
- Books >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Books >> Fiction >> Fantasy/Science Fiction
- Books >> Fiction >> Teens >> Fantasy/Science Fiction
- Children >> Children's Books >> Classics >> Classic Fiction
- Children >> Children's Books >> Fiction >> Allegory
- Children >> Children's Books >> Fiction >> Fantasy/Science Fiction
- Fiction >> Allegory
- Fiction >> Children >> Allegory
- Fiction >> Children >> Fantasy/Science Fiction
- Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Fiction >> Fantasy/Science Fiction
- Fiction >> Teens >> Fantasy/Science Fiction
- Homeschool >> Reading >> Classics
- Teens >> Fiction >> Fantasy/Science Fiction
- Start A New Search