- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
|Format: Word Document|
Vendor: Christianity Today
Publication Date: 2009
|Availability: In Stock|
Series: Current Issues Bible Studies
For as long as the church has existed, Christians have embraced the arts as a poignant and effective method for telling the story of the Bible. From visual displays to music to literature, no organization has been more responsible than the church for commissioning and appreciating artists and their craft. Ironically, no organization has been more responsible than the church for suppressing (and even persecuting) artists and art forms it deems inappropriate.
So, what is a proper relationship between the church and the arts? How has that relationship changed in recent generations? This study addresses these questions and more in reference to Christians and their interaction with modern forms of art, like movies.
Table of Contents
SCRIPTURE: Genesis 1:20 31; 2:4 19; Exodus 35:30 35; Psalm 19:1 6; Romans 12:2, 4 8; Ephesians 4:11 13; Philippians 4:8
Identify the Current Issue
Discover the Eternal Principles
--Teaching point one: God is the original creator of beauty and truth.
--Teaching point two: As followers of God, Christians are called to reflect his beauty and truth to the world.
--Teaching point three: As followers of God, Christians must avoid being contaminated by the world.
Apply Your Findings
ARTICLE FROM CHRISTIANITY TODAY
Modernity's Art Form, Review by Eric Miller (2007)
Study is 9 printed pages.
You have permissionto make up to 1,000 copies for use in your local church.
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects >> Tough Questions
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Christianity & Culture >> Film
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects
- Download >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Biblical Subjects
- Download >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Start A New Search