- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
So are material possessions a blessing for which we should long? And what are the dangers that the use or abuse of material possessions can produce?
Blomberg expounds upon how the sharing of goods and possessions is the key safeguard against both greed and covetousness. He expands on what it means to give generously, even sacrificially, to those who are needier than we are, demonstrating how Christians can participate in God's original good design for abundance and demonstrate the world-altering gospel of Christ.
- Is there any one key to keeping possessions in their proper, God-intended perspective?
- Are there limits on how rich we should become or on how poor we should allow others to get?
- What does a truly Christian economic system look like?
- How does the Bible's teaching on wealth fit into the gospel?
- What is the role of tithing in the Christian life?
Number of Pages: 304
Publication Date: 2013
Dimensions: 1.10 X 6.10 X 8.10 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Series: Biblical Theology for Life
Loving the Poor, Saving the Rich: Wealth, Poverty, and Early Christian FormationHelen RheeBaker Academic / 2012 / Trade Paperback$13.29 Retail:
$30.00Save 56% ($16.71)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW048241
Through the Eye of a Needle: Wealth, the Fall of Rome, and the Making of Christianity in the West, 350-550 AdPeter BrownPrinceton University Press / 2012 / Hardcover$26.49 Retail:
$39.95Save 34% ($13.46)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW152905
Tight Fists or Open Hands? Wealth and Poverty in Old Testament LawDavid L. BakerWm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co. / 2009 / Trade Paperback$24.99 Retail:
$36.00Save 31% ($11.01)Availability: Out of StockCBD Stock No: WW862839
Craig L. Blomberg is distinguished professor of New Testament at Denver Seminary. He holds a PhD from the University of Aberdeen, Scotland. He is the author, co-author or co-editor of fifteen books and more than 130 articles in journals or multi-author works. A recurring topic of interest in his writings is the historical reliability of the Scriptures. Craig and his wife Fran have two daughters and reside in Centennial, Colorado.Jonathan Lunde (PhD, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School) is associate professor of biblical and theological studies at Talbot School of Theology of Biola University. He is coeditor (with Kenneth Berding) of Three Views on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament and has contributed articles to The Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels and the New Dictionary of Biblical Theology. Jon and his wife, Pamela, have three children and reside in Brea, California.
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Watchers in Jewish and Christian TraditionsAngela Kim Harkins, Kelley Coblentz Bautch, John C. EndresFortress Press / Trade Paperback$21.49 Retail:
$29.00Save 26% ($7.51)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW699789
Economics for Everybody: Applying Biblical Principles to Work, Wealth & the World--DVD and Study GuideR.C. Sproul Jr.Ligonier Ministries / 2012 / DVD$34.49 Retail:3.5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$45.00Save 23% ($10.51)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW003731Video
Give to Live: The Freedom of Being Generous with Your LifeStan TolerBeacon Hill Press / 2012 / Trade Paperback$13.99 Retail:
$17.99Save 22% ($4.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW275957
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Theology >> Biblical Theology >> New Testament Theology
- Academic >> Theology >> Biblical Theology >> Old Testament Theology
- Academic >> Theology >> Biblical Theology >> Topical Studies
- Books >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines >> Stewardship
- Books >> Theology >> Biblical Theology >> New Testament Theology
- Books >> Theology >> Biblical Theology >> Old Testament Theology
- Books >> Theology >> Biblical Theology >> Topical Studies
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines >> Stewardship
- Start A New Search