- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2013
Availability: In Stock
What does it mean to be a Christian?
Ask 100 people that question and you are likely to get 100 different answers. One reason people have such difficulty defining what a Christian should be is that the Bible never gives a definition. The followers of Jesus did not defer to themselves as Christians, it was a label placed on them from the outside. The early believers called themselves disciples, and the Bible is very clear in defining what a disciple looks like.
Jesus gave his disciples one word that should define them. What if we as his followers embodied this one word? What if our behavior was so consistent with this word that folks around us were drawn to us - and to God?
In Christian, you will learn:
- What one word should be descriptive of every disciple
- How Jesus followers should treat those who are outside the faith
- Why people love Jesus but cant stand his followers
This participants guide with help you engage the teaching from Andy Stanley on the corresponding DVD and includes discussion questions for individuals and/or small groups, between-session devotions, DVD teaching overviews, and a leaders guide.
In this eight-session small group study, Andy challenges us to change the name and reputation of Christianity by becoming a group of followers characterized by one thing Love.
lollipop5 Stars Out Of 5Thought provoking for anyone interested in Spiritual mattersNovember 26, 2014lollipopQuality: 4Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5We are presently using this 8 part DVD series with the parents of our Club DJ kids. The idea was to provide an opportunity to explore spiritual matters with a group of "non churched" adults. It took some time to earn their trust first and encourage them to come on into our church building not just to drop off their children but to stay awhile. With coffee and snack in hand they slowly decided to explore this opportunity.
The cool thing is that they really appreciate Andy Stanley's style, humor and content. Lots of questions and discussion and a wonderful time of getting to know one another.
We also showed the introduction to our regular Sunday attenders and they were also very keen to see more and because we are presently out of a pastor, it has been suggested to run this series as "pulpit supply".
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Prodigal God Discussion Guide Finding Your Place at the TableTimothy KellerZondervan / 2009 / Trade Paperback$7.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$10.99Save 32% ($3.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW325369
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Love
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Love
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Start A New Search