- All Products
- Grade Level
- Media Type
- Guides & Workbooks
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
Number of Pages: 396
Publication Date: 2013
Availability: Available to ship on or about 03/19/14.
Email me when this product is available.
The Dawkins Delusion? Atheist Fundamentalism and the Denial of the DivineAlister E. McGrath, Joanna Collicutt McGrath3.5 Stars Out Of 5 6 ReviewsSave 25%
Atheist Delusions: The Christian Revolution and Its Formidable EnemiesDavid Bentley Hart5 Stars Out Of 5 2 ReviewsSave 31%
Heresy: A History of Defending the TruthAlister McGrathSave 29%
A major new introduction to the global history of Christianity, written by one of the worlds leading theologians and author of numerous bestselling textbooks.
- Provides a truly global review by exploring the development of Christianity and related issues in Asia, Latin America and Africa, and not just focusing on Western concerns
- Spanning more than two millennia and combining elements of theology, history, and culture, it traces the development of all three branches of Christianity Catholic, Protestant, and Orthodox providing context to Christianitys origins and its links to Judaism
- Looks beyond denominational history at Christianitys impact on individuals, society, politics, and intellectual thought, as well as on art, architecture, and the natural sciences
- Combines McGraths acute historical sensibility with formidable organizational skill, breaking the material down into accessible, self-contained historical periods
- Offers an accessible and student-oriented text, assuming little or no advance theological or historical knowledge on the part of the reader
Alister E. McGrath is Professor of Theology, Ministry and Education at Kings College London, UK, and head of its Centre for Theology, Religion, and Culture. Prior to his current post, he was Professor of Historical Theology at Oxford University, UK. One of the worlds leading theologians, he is the author of some of the most widely used textbooks on theology, including the bestselling Christian Theology: An Introduction (Wiley-Blackwell, 2010), now in its fifth edition, and Historical Theology, second edition (Wiley-Blackwell, 2012). He is much in demand as a speaker at conferences around the world.
"This book, ideal for seminarians but also for the non-professional Christian, is an incredible resource for helping Christians understand where our faith comes from, how it has developed and spread and survived as long as it has. Ultimately, this book is a great picture of the story of God working to advance his kingdom in the midst of broken humanity." (Tom-farr.blogspot.com, 1 August 2013)
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Message of 2 Corinthians: The Bible Speaks Today [BST]Paul BarnettSave 29%
Christian Theology, Third EditionMillard J. EricksonSave 39%
|Email me when this product is available.|