- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 352
Vendor: Westminster John Knox Press
Publication Date: 1996
|Dimensions: 9 X 6 X 2 (inches)|
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
The historic teachings of four major Christian traditions--Eastern Orthodoxy, Roman Catholicism, Reformation and Union Churches, and Evangelical and Free churches--are set forth here in a comparative framework. Following a brief historical introduction of each tradition, Ted Campbell provides an extensive overview of the tradition's beliefs on religious authority, God and Christ, human nature and salvation, and church, ministry, and the sacraments. He concludes by considering whether a definable core of Christian teachings cuts across denominational and confessional boundaries.
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions
- Academic >> Church History >> Significant People & Events >> Creeds & Confessions
- Books >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions
- Books >> Church History >> Significant People & Events >> Creeds & Confessions
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search