Christ in the Old Testament - eBook
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
CBDReader App for iPod/iPad/iPhone
Using your iPad, you can download the CBDReader App directly from Apple's App Store.
Open the App Store, type 'CBDReader' into the search bar and press 'Search'.
Click 'install' on the CBDReader app or click the name to view more details.
You will be prompted to enter your Apple ID Password.
When the app is finished downloading, the CBDReader icon will appear on your homescreen.
Log in with your CBD account and all the eBooks you've purchased on the Christianbook.com website will be automatically added to your device.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Rose Publishing
Publication Date: 2007
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Best Of The Isaacs: Favorites From The Homecoming Series, DVDThe IsaacsCapitol Christian Music Group / DVD$15.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 5 Reviews
$19.98Save 20% ($3.99)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW451592
The Master Designer: The Song, Blu-rayExploration Films / 2013 / Blu-ray$19.99 Retail:
$24.95Save 20% ($4.96)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW139252Video
Christ in the Old Testament ebook explores the lives of 13 biblical people who prefigured the Messiah. Throughout the Old Testament, God provided saviors for the people of Israel who would foreshadow the true, eternal Savior yet to come. Understanding stories such as Joseph or Abraham and how they point to Christ helps us trust in God's provision and wisdom in all things. This 14-panel foldout chart examines types, parallels, and illustrations of Jesus throughout the Old Testament, including people such Melchizedek, King David, Adam, Noah, Abraham, Joseph, and many others. When viewed through the prism of Christ's life, death and resurrection, these Old Testament characters and their roles in biblical history take on new dimensions.
Christ is the key to what God had been pointing to in all the history of God's people. One way to see this is to examine parallels between Old Testament people, events, and things, and the life of Jesus in the New Testament. Christ in the Old Testament ebook shows how the Old Testament anticipates, reveals, promises, and foreshadows Christ, featuring types and illustrations of Jesus. The ebook reveals:
- 13 Old Testament people who foreshadowed Jesus
- A Scriptural time line of their placement in history
- Summaries of their lives and significance
- Charts comparing ways their life events and actions paralleled Christ or his coming
- Life application questions
The 13 people in the Old Testament whose lives foreshadowed Christ include:
- Elijah & Elisha
- Zerubbabel & Joshua
Throughout the Old Testament history, God provided glimpses into the character and nature of the Messiah through typologiessignificant biblical characters whose actions or events symbolically correspond with or contrast to the life of Christ.
Here are a few examples of Christ in the Old Testament:
- Adam's actions brought consequences to his children, causing them to inherit sin and death (Genesis 3:16-19)
- Christ's actions brought consequences to God's children, causing them to inherit righteousness and life (Romans 5:12-19, 1 Corinthians 15:20-22, 45-49)
- Noah offered a sacrifice of blood (Genesis 8:20-9:6)
- Christ offered himself as a sacrifice (1 Peter 1:18-19)
- Surrounding the birth of Moses, innocent children were killed by Pharaoh (Exodus 1:22)
- Surrounding the birth of Jesus, King Herod killed innocent children in Bethlehem (Matthew 2:16)
- Joshua led god's people to rest in the Promised Land (Joshua 21:44)
- Jesus'followers are led into rest in this new creation (Hebrews 4:1)
- Samuel's mother Hannah was blessed by the High Priest Eli before the birth of Samuel (1 Samuel 1:17)
- Mary, the mother of Jesus, was blessed by an angel before the birth of Jesus (Luke 1:30)
- September 4, 2013 - RoshHaShana (Jewish New Year)
- September 13-14, 2013- Yom Kippur
- September 18, 2013 - Sukkot