- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
|/preview/16/90/889441_1_720X405.mp4http://g.christianbook.com/g/media_resource_attributes/54/04/889441_1_vthumb.png/media_resource_attributes/54/05/889441_1_vposter.pnglisting||1. Session One||media||?|
Publication Date: 2011
Availability: In Stock
Christ Files: How Historians Know What They Know about JesusJohn DicksonJohn Dickson / 2010 / Trade Paperback$9.99 Retail:
$12.99Save 23% ($3.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW328698
The Christ Files: How Historians Know What They Know about Jesus - eBookJohn DicksonZondervan / 2010 / ePub$5.88 Retail:
$6.99Save 16% ($1.11)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW4210EB
WEIRD Participant's Guide with DVD: Because Normal Isn't WorkingCraig GroeschelZondervan / 2011 / Other$22.49 Retail:
$36.99Save 39% ($14.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW684305
Pack containing one softcover Participant Guide and one DVD. In The Christ Files, a four-session video-based small group Bible study, bible scholar John Dickson examines the Christian faith through a historical look at the Christian faith and life of Jesus from both Scriptural and other non-Bible documentation.
Unique among the worlds religions, the central claims of Christianity concern not just timeless spiritual truths, but tangible historical events as well. Historian John Dickson examines Christianitys claims in the light of history, opening you and your group to a wealth of ancient sources and explaining how mainstream scholars whether or not they claim Christian Faith personally reach their conclusions about historys most influential figure, Jesus of Nazareth.
In The Christ Files, Dickson skillfully highlights sources and historical methods used to study Christianitys assertions. He illustrates how historians assess the reliability of data, and provides an honest and informed perspective on where historical issues or clear-cut and where personal faith comes into play.
The Christ Files will help you and your small group expand your understanding of early Christianity and the life of Jesus.
The 110-page Participant's Guide includes seven chapters of reading and background contextual information, along with questions for four impactful small group sessions. The DVD features four sessions of live teaching from John Dickson. This pack includes both the Participant Guide and DVD.
1. The Game of Scholarship How to Read between the Haedlines
2. Secret Gospels Jesus in the Gnostic Writings
3. The Troublemaker Jesus in Ancient Pagan Writings
4. Deceiver and Magician Jesus in Ancient Jewish Writings
5. Behind the New Testament Earliest Christian Sources
6. Before the Gospels Jesus in the Oral Tradition
7. Jesus in Context Background Sources for the Study of Jesus
1. Gnostics and Romans
2. Jews and Christians
3. Lost Sources and Oral Traditions
4. Archaeologists and Artifacts
John Dickson (PhD, Macquarie University, Sydney) is a senior research fellow of the Department of Ancient History, Macquarie University; co-director of the Centre for Public Christianity; and senior minister at St. Andrews Roseville. The author of more than a dozen books, he is the host of two major historical documentaries for Australian television and is a busy public speaker in corporations, universities, churches, and conferences.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Exodus: Learning to Trust God, LifeGuide Scripture StudiesJames ReapsomeInter-Varsity Press / 2000 / Trade Paperback$5.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$8.00Save 25% ($2.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW830235
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects >> Life/Ministry Jesus
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Video Curriculum >> Biblical Subjects
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Video Curriculum
- DVDs >> Church & Pastoral
- DVDs >> Video Curriculum >> Small Group Resources >> Biblical Subjects
- Start A New Search