- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Master Books
Publication Date: 2000
Availability: In Stock
The great minds of the past are still with us today, in many ways. Individuals who explored the natural world hundreds and thousands of years ago have given us a treasure of knowledge in all the sciences.
In this exciting series from educator/author John Hudson Tiner, short biographies of the world's most gifted thinkers will inspire the leaders of tomorrow.
Learn how Pythagoras investigated mathematics through this affinity for music. Marvel at the "new math" Leonardo Fibonacci learned from the Moors in North Africa.
These valuable learning guides will give students accurate accounts of lives from the annals of science, and explain what those scientists believed about the world around them.
John Hudson Tiner received five National Science Foundation teaching fellowships during his 12 years as a teacher of mathematics and science that allowed him to study graduate chemistry, astronomy, and mathematics. He also worked as a mathematician and cartographer for the Defense Mapping Agency, Aerospace Center in St. Louis, MO.
Tiner has received numerous honors for his writing, including the Missouri Writers Guild award for best juvenile book for Exploring the World of Chemistry. He and his wife, Jeanene, live in Missouri.
Annete Hines5 Stars Out Of 5April 21, 2008Annete HinesThis book is an easy read for a middle school child. We really enjoyed reading the different bios and my kids gained some insight into why different math concepts were created.
Find Related Products
- Download >> Homeschool >> History
- Download >> Homeschool >> Math
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Historical Figures
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> History
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Math
- Homeschool >> History >> World History
- Homeschool >> Math
- eBooks >> Biography >> Historical Figures
- eBooks >> Homeschool >> Biography
- eBooks >> Homeschool >> History
- eBooks >> Homeschool >> Math
- Start A New Search