- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
|Format: Word Document|
Vendor: Christianity Today
Publication Date: 2009
|Availability: In Stock|
Series: Single Living Bible Study
While it s devastatingly easy to harp on the negatives of being single you hate eating dinner by yourself, here comes another holiday with no one to bring home, the prospective candidates in your singles group are a bunch of freaks the truth is that there s a lot that s quite good about the single life.
What can I appreciate and enjoy during this stage of my life? How can I stay grounded in reality? Can I be just friends with the opposite sex? What can I do to make good use of my time? What s the difference between loneliness and solitude?
This study will explore these questions, culling perspectives from various writers and examining different passages from God s Word to develop a positive outlook on singleness.
Table of Contents
SCRIPTURE: 1 Samuel 18:1 4; 20; Psalm 16; 119:29 32; 131; Ecclesiastes 3:1 8; Mark 1:29 38; 1 Corinthians 7:32 35
Identify the Current Issue
Discover the Eternal Principles
--Teaching point one: Revel in the freedom and time that God has given you and joyfully make the most of it.
--Teaching point two: Stay grounded in reality: live in the present and avoid idealizing what you do not have.
--Teaching point three: Invest in friendships and allow yourself to be blessed in return.
--Teaching point four: Practice the spiritual discipline of solitude.
Apply Your Findings
ARTICLE FROM TODAY S CHRISTIAN WOMAN
What s So Great About Being Single?, by Camerin Courtney (1998 )
This study is 12 printed pages.
You have permission to make up to 1,000 copies for use in your local church.
BarbKansas City, MOAge: 55-65Gender: female4 Stars Out Of 5Good discussionJune 26, 2012BarbKansas City, MOAge: 55-65Gender: femaleI used this at a Women's Retreat for an afternoon session on singles after having a morning teaching on what not to wear in our Christain life and having testimonies from women who had difficult lives and have forgiven and are moving on. Discussing the importance of knowing the difference between lonlieness and solitude, having friends for accountability and support, and leaning on God.
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Relationships
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Relationships
- Download >> Bible Studies >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Bible Studies >> Relationships
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search