Strengthening one's prayer life ranks high among lists of resolutions—at any time of the year. With this new Bible dedicated to the practice of prayer, you will experience a thoughtful, devotion-like exploration of praying. You'll feel encouraged to pray because you'll learn new ideas for prayer, Bible study, and spiritual formation including:
- Two-way conversation with God and Scripture
- Imagination in writing and art; praying the text
- Praying the Psalms
- Reading the Bible aloud
- Prayers of the saints
- Prayer practices from around the world
- Highlighted prayers of the Bible.
With a sophisticated brown-on-brown burnished cover, this Bible can be used over and over again for continued inspiration and encouragement. Great for small group Bible studies at church and for personal study.
- Eighty pages of prayers and practices for praying
- Sixteen full-color insert pages with inspiring devotions and spiritual formation exercises
- Conversational translation of the Bible
- 9-point type
- Presentation pages for gift-giving
- 8.50" x 5.50"
Strengthen prayer life with this new devotional Bible that's great for small groups and individual study.
The Common English Bible is not simply a revision or update of an existing translation. It is a bold new translation designed to meet the needs of Christians as they work to build a strong and meaningful relationship with God through Jesus Christ. The Common English Bible is committed to the whole church of Jesus Christ. To achieve this, the CEB represents the work of a diverse team with broad scholarship, including the work of over 115 scholars - men and women from 22 faith traditions in American, African, Asian, European, and Latino communities. As a result, the English translation of ancient words has an uncommon relevance for a broad audience of Bible readers - from children to scholars.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.