Strengthening one's prayer life ranks high among lists of resolutions—at any time of the year. With this new Bible dedicated to the practice of prayer, you will experience a thoughtful, devotion-like exploration of praying. You'll feel encouraged to pray because you'll learn new ideas for prayer, Bible study, and spiritual formation including:
- Two-way conversation with God and Scripture
- Imagination in writing and art; praying the text
- Praying the Psalms
- Reading the Bible aloud
- Prayers of the saints
- Prayer practices from around the world
- Highlighted prayers of the Bible.
With a sophisticated brown-on-brown burnished cover, this Bible can be used over and over again for continued inspiration and encouragement. Great for small group Bible studies at church and for personal study.
- Eighty pages of prayers and practices for praying
- Sixteen full-color insert pages with inspiring devotions and spiritual formation exercises
- Conversational translation of the Bible
- 9-point type
- Presentation pages for gift-giving
- 8.50" x 5.50"
Strengthen prayer life with this new devotional Bible that's great for small groups and individual study.
The Common English Bible is a new translation. One hundred and twenty biblical scholars from twenty-two faith traditions worked as translators. These women and men balanced rigorous accuracy in translation of the ancient texts with an equally passionate commitment to clarity of expression in contemporary English. The result is a clear, direct, and powerful English version of the scriptures for use in Bible study, devotional reading, and worship.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.