- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: B&H Academic
Publication Date: 2011
Availability: In Stock
From the New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary's encounter with Hurricane Katrina to the First Baptist Church in Maryville, Illinois, where pastor Fred Winters was shot and killed while preaching, this well-researched book tells the inside stories of each event, analyzes the leadership responses to draw out important lessons, and then poses direct questions that will help the reader actively process what is being learned.
Catastrophic Crisis concludes with the "Leadership Lifeboats" and "Aftermath" chapters, focusing respectively on practical, biblical insights from various other leadership authors and the hope and blessing God ultimately provides following a personal catastrophic crisis.
Steve F. Echols is associate dean of the Alabama and Georgia extension center systems for New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary where he also directs the North Georgia Hub and occupies the Nelson L. Price chair of Leadership.
Allen England is associate professor of Church and Educational Administration, occupying the J. M. Frost chair of Christian Education, at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary.
jennzipJohns Creek, GAAge: 45-54Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5Solid and REAL case studies give real world wisdomJanuary 17, 2012jennzipJohns Creek, GAAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 4This book was purchased for a class that Dr. Steve Echols taught. The case studies vary across many dimensions of "church crises" from hurricanes, to tornadoes, to arson, to shootings, to moral failures, to auto accidents, etc. The cases are factually presented with the goal of helping individuals identify and understand leadership opportunities and responses from within crises. A worthwhile read for any church leader, minister or layman.
Find Related Products
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> General
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Leadership Development
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- Church & Pastoral >> General
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> General
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> General
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Leadership Development
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> General
- Start A New Search