- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 158
Vendor: Dover Publications
Publication Date: 1999
Availability: Expected to ship on or about 04/28/15.
Email me when this product is available.
Readers of all ages have delighted in Kipling's engaging maritime yarn since its initial appearance in 1897. The author's only novel to unfold in an American setting, this lively tale resounds with Kipling's customary blend of adventure and humor. This attractive new edition, unabridged and inexpensive, offers an irresistible invitation to a master storyteller's enduring tale of a boy's initiation into adulthood.
Nobel Laureate Rudyard Kipling (1865–1936) is best remembered for children's tales such as The Jungle Book as well as his poetry and stories about British soldiers in India, which include "Gunga Din" and The Man Who Would Be King. Kipling was enormously popular at the turn of the 20th century but his reputation declined with the change in attitude toward British imperialism. In recent years Kipling's works have found new acclaim as a vibrant source of literary and cultural history.
Other Customers Also Purchased
A Reason For Handwriting: Manuscript B--Student Worktext, Grade 2Carol Ann Retzer, Eva HoshinoA Beginning Advantage / Trade Paperback$13.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 9 Reviews
$17.95Save 25% ($4.46)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW78539X
First Language Lessons for the Well-Trained Mind, Level 4--Teacher's EditionJessie WisePeace Hill Press / 2008 / Trade Paperback$19.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews
$29.95Save 35% ($10.46)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW339344
|Email me when this product is available.|
Find Related Products
- Books >> Children >> Classics >> Classic Fiction
- Books >> Children >> Classics >> Literature
- Books >> Children >> Fiction
- Books >> Fiction >> Children
- Books >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Books >> Fiction >> Literature >> British
- Children >> Children's Books >> Classics >> Classic Fiction
- Children >> Children's Books >> Classics >> Literature
- Children >> Children's Books >> Fiction
- Fiction >> Children
- Fiction >> Classic Fiction >> British
- Fiction >> Literature >> British
- Homeschool >> Language Arts >> Literature >> British
- Homeschool >> Reading >> Classics
- Start A New Search