- All Products
- Compatibility Standard
- Grade Level
- Media Type
- Guides & Workbooks
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
Develops vocabulary, reading, mathematical reasoning, and analytical skills.
Building Thinking Skills provides highly effective verbal and nonverbal reasoning activities to improve vocabulary, reading, writing, math, logic, and figural-spatial skills, as well as visual and auditory processing. This exceptional skill set provides a solid foundation for academic excellence and success on any assessment test.
The activities are sequenced developmentally. Each skill (for example, classifying) is presented first in the semi-concrete figural-spatial form and then in the abstract verbal form. Children learn to analyze relationships between objects, between words, and between objects and words as they:
- Observe, recognize, and describe characteristics.
- Distinguish similarities and differences.
- Identify and complete sequences, classifications, and analogies.
These processes help children develop superior thinking and communication skills that lead to deeper content learning in all subjects.
In this software adventure, you and your team of critical thinkers must complete the verbal and figural activities in each of the 10 underground levels to rescue Dr. Cognito and restore order to the lab.
With both verbal and graphic instructions, this lively adventure nurtures independent learning, superior thinking, and communication skills.
- 38 Activities / over 800 questions
- Can be played in adventure mode or practice mode
- On-screen and printable instructions
- Adjust difficulty levels - so learning is always stimulating, never frustrating
- Printable sample activities & vocabulary list
- Self-grading - printable scores
- Saves unfinished games
- Fun word puzzles
- Grade(s): 2-3
- Subject: Critical Thinking
- Activities: 800
|Format: Compact disc|
Vendor: The Critical Thinking Company
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
Songschool Latin: Teacher's MaterialsAmy RehnSave 24%