Breaking Through Depression: A Biblical and Medical Approach to Emotional Wholeness
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 272
Vendor: Harpercollins Publishing
Publication Date: 2009
|Dimensions: 8.50 X 5.50 (inches)|
Availability: In Stock
When the Darkness Will Not Lift: Doing What We Can While We Wait for God--and JoyJohn PiperCrossway Books & Bibles / 2007 / Trade Paperback$6.29 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 12 Reviews
$7.99Save 21% ($1.70)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW48765
Depression affects a person mentally, spiritually, and physically, greatly impacting their lives and the people they love. With empathy and clear language, psychiatrist Donald Hall explains recent scientific discoveries about the role of chemicals in the brain, and how depression, like other illnesses, has symptoms and cures.
Hall integrates spiritual, medical, and psychological principles in his SMART model that leads those suffering from depression to the hope of recovery and healing.
- Stop Addiction: Don't make depression worse by substance abuse
- Medicate Chemical Imbalances: Have wise counsel for antidepressant management
- Adjust Expectations of Yourself: Release burdens and evaluate self-image distortions
- Revise Your Relationships with Others: Set boundaries, talk, practice forgiveness
- Track with the Holy Spirit: See your brokenness and lean on prayer and fellowship
For readers who are suffering from or living with someone dealing with depression, Hall shares fresh scientific discoveries while standing firmly on the good news of God's hope.
Fred Sandefer5 Stars Out Of 5November 5, 2009Fred SandeferMy husband loved this book. He is a health professional & liked the very realistic approach to dealing with depression not usually seen in Christian books. It's an easy read & includes a 4 step to dealing with depression.