- All Products
- Church & Pastoralhttp://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?event=EBRN&N=5401&Ne=1119351&Nso=1&Nu=product%2Eendeca%5Frollup&Ns=product%2Enumber%5Fsold
- Grade Level
- Media Type
- Theological Tradition
- Guides & Workbooks
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
|Format: Word Document|
Vendor: Christianity Today
Publication Date: 2009
|Availability: In Stock|
Series: Movie Discussion Guide Bible Study
A robust saga about a commoner who rallies his people to fight for freedom.
Braveheart tells the story of William Wallace, a common man roused to war. After the love of his life is killed, he commits his life to revenge. Since his people are oppressed by the sword, he takes the sword to his oppressors. He is not a nobleman, whom others must follow because of his title, but a man of bravery, whom men choose to follow in admiration. He is a man of single-minded purpose: to attain freedom at all costs, even the cost of his own life. He knows that death comes to all men but decides the mettle of a man is in the type of death he chooses.
This study guide will help you discuss some of the major themes of Braveheart. When is it right to wage war? What is the meaning of freedom, and how is it attained? What do people live and die for?
Discussing the Scenes
(Ecclesiastes 3:1 8; Genesis 14:1 16; Numbers 31:1 12; Revelation 19:11 21; Ephesians 6:10 18)
(Romans 13:1 7; Luke 4:14 21; John 8:31 36; Romans 6:18)
--What Do You Live and Die For?
(Philippians 1:12 14; 1 Corinthians 15:22; Mark 8:34 38; Romans 6:5 10)
As the Credits Roll
Braveheart (Paramount, 1995), directed by Mel Gibson, rated R.
Photo © Paramount
You have permission to make up to 1,000 copies for use in your local church.
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Bible Studies >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search