This volume presents new translations of significant ancient documents relating to the emergence of hermeneutical (scripture interpretation) questions in the patristic period. Translations of primary source materials incude:
- Sifra: The Exegetical Rules (Middot) of Rabbi Ishmael and Rabbi Hillel
- Ptolemy: Letter to Flora
- Irenaeus: Against Heresies
- Origen: On First Principles: Book Four
- Papyrus Michigan Inv. 3718: Christian Allegorizations
- Diodore of Tarsus: Commentary on the Psalms, Prologue
- Diodore of Tarsus: Preface to the Commentary on Psalm 118
- Theodore of Mopsuestia: Commentary on Galatians 4:22-31
- Tyconius (ca. 380 North Africa): The Book of Rules, I-III
Karlfried Froehlich is Benjamin B. Warfield Professor of Ecclesiastical History, Emeritus, at Princeton Theological Seminary.
Covers the emergence of hermeneutical questions in the patristic period.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.
Availability: Expected to ship on or about 02/21/15. You may order this item now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. If you are charging this purchase to a credit card, you will not be charged for this item and its portion of your shipping charges until it is shipped.