- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2011
Availability: In Stock
Series: Berenstain Bears
Summertime…and the living is too easy. Brother and Sister Bear want a job. How can they convince Farmer Ben that two small cubs would be a big help down on the farm? The Berenstain Bears learn that you reap what you sow in this satisfying story that's perfect for beginning readers.
Stan and Jan Berenstain introduced the first Berenstain Bear books in 1962. Mike Berenstain grew up watching his parents work together to write about and draw these lovable bears. Eventually he started drawing and writing about them too. Though Stan died in 2005, and Jan in 2012, Mike continues to create the delightful Bear adventures from their studio in Pennsylvania, in an area that looks much like the sunny dirt road deep in Bear Country.
The cubs do their work well every day and earn a lot of money because the crop turns out to be a good one at the end of the summer. At the end, Brother and Sister put their money in the bank. I would recommend this book for parents interested in teaching their kids the value of hard work, especially the value of seeing the job through to the end with a good attitude. There are many good biblical insights and truths taught, but one was surprisingly missing - tithing. Still, it is a good book for ages 3 or 4 and up, with about 1 or 2 paragraphs on every page, easy enough for a beginning reader. Jennifer Joneleit, www.ChristianBookPreviews.com
Find Related Products
- Books >> Children >> Classics >> Beginning Readers
- Books >> Children >> Family Life >> Picture Books
- Books >> Children >> Picture Books >> Family Life
- Children >> Children's Books >> Classics >> Beginning Readers
- Children >> Children's Books >> Family Life >> Picture Books
- Children >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Family Life
- Download >> eBooks >> Children >> Classics
- eBooks >> Children >> Classics
- eBooks >> Children >> Picture Books
- Start A New Search