- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
But after the Civil War breaks out, his master leaves town and Ben finds himself in a slave prison. One night, the prisoners bribe a guard to get their hands on a newspaper, and to the applause of his fellow slaves, Ben reads aloud the momentous news of Mr. Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation - surely one of the most remarkable readings of that document ever.
Based on the true story of Benjamin Holmes, Pat Sherman's stirring text and the memorable illustrations of Coretta Scott King medalist Floyd Cooper pay tribute to the power of freedom - and to the power of the written word.
Number of Pages: 32
Vendor: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.
Publication Date: 2010
Dimensions: 11.00 X 8.50 (inches)
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
Courage to Run: A Story Based on the Life of Harriet TubmanWendy LawtonMoody Publishers / 2002 / Trade Paperback$5.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$6.99Save 14% ($1.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW40983
Let My People GoPatricia C. McKissack, James Ransome, Frederick McKissackAladdin / 1998 / Hardcover$15.99 Retail:
$21.99Save 27% ($6.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW808569
Find Related Products
- Books >> Children >> Educational >> Picture Books
- Books >> Children >> Non-Fiction Books
- Books >> Children >> Picture Books >> Educational
- Children >> Children's Books >> Educational >> Picture Books
- Children >> Children's Books >> Non-Fiction Books
- Children >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Educational
- Homeschool >> History >> US History
- Non-Fiction >> History >> US History
- Start A New Search