- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: David C. Cook
Publication Date: 2009
Availability: In Stock
More than 50 years ago scientists made a remarkable discovery, proclaiming, "We have found the secret of life ... and it's so pretty!" The secret was the discovery that life is helixical, two strands wound around a single axiswhat most of us know today as the model for DNA.
Over the course of his ministry, author Leonard Sweet has discovered that this divine design also informs God's blueprint for the church. In this seminal work, he shares the woven strands that form the church: missional, relational, and incarnational. Sweet declares that this secret is not just pretty, but beautiful. In fact, So Beautiful!
Using the poignant life of John Newton as a touchstone, Sweet calls for the re-union of these three essential, complementary strands of the Christian life. Far from a novel idea, Sweet shows how this structure is God's original intent, and shares the simply beautiful design for His church.
RussDayville, CTAge: 45-54Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5June 17, 2010RussDayville, CTAge: 45-54Gender: maleIn "So Beautiful," Sweet takes aim at the entrenched institutionalized Western Church with purpose to draw her back to her original calling. Thus, to those outside of the USA, the arguments presented may not reflect their cultural experiences of being the church. Sweets MIR model while extremely helpful, is addressed elsewhere (by other authors) perhaps in a less caustic manner. One very good feature of the book (as it was used within a seminary setting) is that it sparked tons of debate as at times Sweet seems hyper-critical of the Church. I would recommend "Why We Love the Church" (Kluck and DeYoung) as a balance to Sweet.
Find Related Products
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Emerging Church
- Download >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Emerging Church
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search