Readable, perceptive, and academically thorough, the New Beacon Bible Commentary
will help you gain a deeper understanding of the message and meaning of each book of the Bible.
Written from a Wesleyan theological perspective, this outstanding commentary provides readers from every walk of life a new standard for studying and interpreting the Bible in the 21st Century.Luke 9-24
includes the following features:
- Contemporary scholarship - from notable experts in the Wesleyan Theological Tradition
- Convenient Introductory material - including information on authorship, date, history, audience, sociological/cultural issues, purpose, literary features, theological themes, and hermeneutical issues
- Clear, verse-by-verse explanations - which offer a contemporary, Wesleyan-based understanding derived from the biblical text in its original language
- Comprehensive annotation - divided into three sections, which cover background elements behind the text; verse-by-verse details and meanings found in the text; and significance, relevance, intertextuality, and application from the text
- Helpful sidebars - which provide deeper insight into theological issues, word meanings, archaeological connections, historical relevance, and cultural customs
- An expanded bibliography - for further study of historical elements, additional interpretations, and theological themes
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.