- All Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculumhttp://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?event=EBRN&N=5401&Ne=1112231&Nso=1&Nu=product%2Eendeca%5Frollup&Ns=product%2Enumber%5Fsold
- Books of the Bible
- 1 Chronicles
- 1 Corinthians
- 1 John
- 1 Kings
- 1 Peter
- 1 Samuel
- 1 Thessalonians
- 1 Timothy
- 2 Chronicles
- 2 Corinthians
- 2 John
- 2 Kings
- 2 Peter
- 2 Samuel
- 2 Thessalonians
- 2 Timothy
- 3 John
- Entire Bible
- Minor Prophets
- New Testament
- Old Testament
- Song of Solomon
- Group or Individual Study
- Media Type
- Number of Lessons
- Guides & Workbooks
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
- At least 90% off
|Format: Word Document|
Vendor: Christianity Today
Publication Date: 2009
|Availability: In Stock|
Series: Christian Living Bible Study
Can we break the cycle of abuse?
Family violence has been called the hidden crime, and it seems that many battered wives are hidden behind the facade of a happy Christian family. What brings a man to the point of doing physical violence to his wife? What conflicts face Christian women who want to follow biblical commands in relating to their abusive husbands? What role can you and I play in helping couples break the tragic cycle of abuse?
Table of Contents
SCRIPTURE: Psalm 119:25 32; Mark 10:42 45; Ephesians 4:22 27, 29 32; 5:21 33; Colossians 3:18 19;
James 1:19 26; 1 Peter 3:1 12; 5:5 11
What evidence do you see that wife abuse among Christians may be a serious contemporary problem?
For what reasons might a battered wife or an abusive husband try to hide the problem and not seek outside help?
Colossians 3:19: What single word or concept is to characterize a husband s treatment of his wife?
James 1:19 26: What acceptable methods of dealing with anger and/or stress are mentioned?
Sample application questions:
What unhealthy learned behaviors influence the relationship between husbands and wives?
In what cases do you think public confession and restoration before the local congregation would be appropriate?
ARTICLE FROM CHRISTIANITY TODAY
Battered into Submission and The Master Manipulator by James and Phyllis Alsdurf(1989)
You have permission to make up to 1,000 copies for use in your local church.
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects >> Tough Questions
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Relationships >> Marriage
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Relationships
- Download >> Bible Studies >> Biblical Subjects
- Download >> Bible Studies >> Relationships
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search