- All Products
- Church & Pastoralhttp://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?event=EBRN&N=5401&Ne=1119351&Nso=1&Nu=product%2Eendeca%5Frollup&Ns=product%2Enumber%5Fsold
- Grade Level
- Media Type
- Theological Tradition
- Guides & Workbooks
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
- At least 90% off
|Format: Word Document|
Vendor: Christianity Today
Publication Date: 2009
|Availability: In Stock|
Series: Movie Discussion Guide Bible Study
A hero in the making.
Batman Begins has been hailed as the high-water mark for films about superheroes. Everything clicks in this film: the special effects are astounding, the characters are intriguing, the relationships are dynamic, the plot is plausible, the story is epic. A bit too frightening for children, the film rewards adult fans by establishing without a doubt that superheroes are a contemporary mythology that thus fulfills the task of all mythologies: to define reality, to outline ethics, and to inspire nobility. This study looks at the movie s themes of justice, courage, and following our calling.
Discussing the Scenes *Bonus Material: DVD Scenes to Watch*
--What Is Justice?
(Proverbs 28:21; Micah 6:8; Isaiah 42:1 7)
--Embracing the Call
(Psalm 139:14 16; Matthew 17:1 5; Luke 9:25; 2 Timothy 1:1 7)
--Courage in the Face of Fear
(Esther 4:15 5:8, 7:1 10; Isaiah 43:1 4; Ephesians 6:10 20)
As the Credits Roll
Batman Begins (Warner Bros., 2005), rated PG-13.
Photo © Copyright Warner Bros.
You have permission to make up to 1,000 copies for use in your local church.
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Word Document [Download]Christianity Today International$7.95
A Disciple's Path: Deepening Your Relationship with Christ & the Church - Leader's Guide w/CD-ROMJames A. HarnishSave 23%
Christian History Made Easy - Participant's GuideTimothy JonesSave 20%Video
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Bible Studies >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search