Jule's Verne's classic tale of world traveling has inspired many an imagination; from resucing women in India to discovering the American West, this thrilling story of a gentlemen's wager has been well-loved for years. Explore this story even further with the Enriched Classics detailed explanatory notes, overview of key themes, glossary, critical analysis, discussion questions and more. 266 pages, softcover.
ENDURING LITERATURE ILLUMINATED BY PRACTICAL SCHOLARSHIP
After making an audacious wager, the wealthy and eccentric Phileas Fogg attempts a seemingly impossible feat -- to circumnavigate the globe in eighty days.
THIS ENRICHED CLASSIC EDITION INCLUDES:
- A concise introduction that gives the reader important background information
- A chronology of the author's life and work
- A timeline of significant events that provides the book's historical context
- An outline of key themes and plot points to guide the reader's own interpretations
- Detailed explanatory notes
- Critical analysis, including contemporary and modern perspectives on the work
- Discussion questions to promote lively classroom and book group interaction
- A list of recommended related books and films to broaden the reader's experience
Enriched Classics offer readers affordable editions of great works of literature enhanced by helpful notes and insightful commentary. The scholarship provided in Enriched Classics enables readers to appreciate, understand, and enjoy the world's finest books to their full potential.
SERIES EDITED BY CYNTHIA BRANTLEY JOHNSON
Jules Verne (1828-1905) was born in France. Around the World in Eighty Days has long been his most popular novel. Verne is credited with creating the genre of science fiction with such other works as Journey to the Center of the Earth and Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.