Archaeological Theory, 2nd Edition
is the most current and comprehensive introduction to the field available. Thoroughly revised and updated, this engaging text offers students an ideal entry point to the major concepts and ongoing debates in archaeological research.
- New edition of a popular introductory text that explores the increasing diversity of approaches to archaeological theory
- Features more extended coverage of 'traditional' or culture-historical archaeology
- Examines theory across the English-speaking world and beyond
- Offers greatly expanded coverage of evolutionary theory, divided into sociocultural and Darwinist approaches
- Includes an expanded glossary, bibliography, and useful suggestions for further readings
Matthew Johnson is Professor of Archaeology at the University of Southampton. He has taught at the University of Sheffield, St. David's University College, Lampeter, and at Durham University. His previous books include Housing Culture: Traditional Architecture in an English Landscape (1993), An Archaeology of Capitalism (1996, Blackwell), and Ideas Of Landscape (2006, Blackwell).
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.