- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
- Number of Pieces▼▲
- Central America
- Middle East
- National Parks
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- South America
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Publication Date: 2003
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
Love, Acceptance, and Forgiveness: Being Christian in a Non-Christian World / Revised - eBookJerry Cook, Stanley C. BaldwinBethany House / 2011 / ePub$9.69 Retail:
$14.99Save 35% ($5.30)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW66770EB
The Tabernacle Furniture, The Lord's Feasts and The Armor of God, Second Ediiton: A Set of Correlations - eBookJohn E. LamarTate Publishing / 2013 / ePub$8.79 Retail:
$10.99Save 20% ($2.20)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW68042EB
Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God, Revised and ExpandedFrancis ChanDavid C. Cook / 2013 / Trade Paperback$7.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 17 Reviews
$15.99Save 50% ($8.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW703194
Celebration of Discipline: The Path to Spiritual Growth, 20th Anniversary EditionRichard J. FosterHarperOne / 1998 / Hardcover$14.49 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 46 Reviews
$25.99Save 44% ($11.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW28399
"The church must be distinct from the world to reach the world."
- From Chapter 1
"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for [God's] own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light" (1 Peter 2:9, ESV).
Holy and dedicated to declaring the excellencies of God-this is the church, or is it? Can we really call the church holy?
- A minority of those who claim to be born again say they believe in moral absolutes (Source: Barna Research).
- One third of evangelicals between the ages of 18 and 35 have no problem with unmarried men and women living together (Source: Evangelical Alliance).
Evangelical Christianity is becoming increasingly worldly. Materialism, hedonism, violence, sexual misconduct, pluralism, and divorce are becoming as common within the church as without. As a result the church is losing its distinct identity as a people set apart to reach the world.
In this book, R. Kent Hughes builds a case for godliness in the church-a case that echoes the biblical call to holiness. The church can reach the world only if it keeps itself from being ensnared by the world. Hughes is not simply urging Christians to say no to worldliness-he is calling the church to say yes to Christ and to his call to reach our lost world.
His servant5 Stars Out Of 5Set ApartNovember 15, 2011His servantQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This is an absolutely wonderful book on living a holy life as God has instructed. The book has a lot of statistics on our current worldly living then applying it to what we are told in the Bible about appropriate behavior. Gave me a whole new view of living holy for our Lord.
RafaBuenos AiresAge: 45-54Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5This book is useful for christian lifeAugust 24, 2011RafaBuenos AiresAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4This book is useful for christian life because puts on the table the principal themes that afflict to humanity, such as materialism, sexual conduct and marriage.
Dan Saugstad5 Stars Out Of 5April 29, 2008Dan SaugstadOf course this book is incredible. I highly respect Hughes and Love to listen to his teaching, so its natural that I love this book. It was delivered in sermon form to College Church and then transcribed into this book. I have been using this with a friend to read and meet and pray. Great book for exposing the subtle worldly traits we have that we don't notice. I was significantly convicted over my desensitivity to violence. But this book helped me get working on it. Read it, its short and good. I gave it 5 stars for what it is, devotion type material. Its not a terse theological treatise on worldiness. Its 11 sermons transcribed into short chapters that convict and give the Spirit something to work with on concecrating us.
Find Related Products
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Christianity & Culture
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> General
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- Church & Pastoral >> General
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> General
- Download >> eBooks >> Devotionals >> General
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Christianity & Culture
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> General
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> General
- eBooks >> Devotionals >> General
- Start A New Search