Here's an ideal way to introduce analogies to primary students! This resource includes analogies using synonyms, antonyms, homophones, plurals, rhyming words, and lots more. As students analyze relationships between words, they strengthen not only their vocabulary but also their critical-thinking and test-taking skills. 48 pages. Grades 2-4.
This book is divided into five sections:
- An introduction to the different kinds of analogies students are likely to encounter on standardized tests, including specific practice with: synonyms, antonyms, homophones, animal groups and offspring , individual members of a larger group, characteristics, rhyming words, and more.
- Analogies related to primary science topics such as plants and insects
- Analogies related to social studies topics such as community helpers, the neighborhood, and transportation
- Analogies related to miscellaneous topics such as fun things to eat, wear, and play
- A resource section with word lists, a student record sheet, student awards, and reproducibles for a fast-paced game called Analogy Whizo that provides analogy practice for small groups or your entire class.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.