- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Master Books
Publication Date: 2009
Availability: In Stock
Over 100,000 copies in print!
If you look around in your church today, two-thirds of the young people who are sitting among us have already left in their hearts; soon they will be gone for good.
This is the alarming conclusion from a study Answers in Genesis commissioned from America's Research Group, led by respected researcher Britt Beemer. The results may unnerve you - they may shake long-held assumptions to the core - but these results need to be taken seriously by the church. Already Gone reveals:
• Why America's churches have lost an entire generation of believers
• The views of 1,000 twenty-somethings, solidly raised in the church but no longer attending - and their reasons why
• Relevant statistical data effectively teamed with powerful apologetics
The study found that we are losing our kids in elementary, middle school, and high school rather than college, and the "Sunday school syndrome" is contributing to the epidemic, rather than helping alleviate it. This is an alarming wake-up call for the church, showing how our programs and our approaches to Christian education are failing...and our children are paying the price. Though the statistics reveal a huge disconnect taking place between our children and their church experience, Already Gone shows how to fight back for our families, our churches, and our world. We can make a difference today that will affect the statistics of tomorrow in a positive and Christ-focused way!
Ken Ham is the president/CEO and founder of Answers in Genesis - U.S. and the highly acclaimed Creation Museum. Ken Ham is one of the most in-demand Christian speakers in North America. Ken's emphasis is on the relevance and authority of the book of Genesis and how compromise on Genesis has opened a dangerous door regarding how the culture and church view biblical authority. His Australian accent, keen sense of humor, captivating stories, and exceptional PowerPoint illustrations have made him one of North America's most effective Christian communicators.
Britt Beemer holds a BA from Northwest Missouri State University and has an MA from Indiana State University. In 1979, Beemer founded Americas Research Group, a full-service consumer behavior research and strategic marketing firm. He currently serves as the director of research at Americas Research Group, where he personally reviews all research and prepares and presents each strategic marketing plan. His work has been cited in the media, including the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, Fox News, and many others.
Todd Hillard is a freelance writer from San Antonio, Texas, where he lives with his wife and five kids. A former youth pastor and missionary, he is passionate about taking the dreams and stories of others and bringing them to life on the written page. Todd received his BS in pre-med studies and psychology from the University of Utah and his MA in English from Arizona State University.
What are the factors that could cause the next generation to be lost from the local church? Ken Ham from Answers in Genesis commissioned Britt Beemer from Americas Research Group to find out. In the first scientific study of its kind, Beemer surveyed a thousand 20-30 year olds who used to go to Evangelical churches on a regular basis but have since left it behind. The results are not just surprising; they are shocking:
- Those who faithfully attended Sunday school are more likely to leave the church than those who do not.
- Those who regularly attended Sunday school are more likely to believe that the Bible is less true.
- Over half of those who faithfully attended church feel that church is not relevant to real life today.
Statistics reveal a huge disconnect taking place between our children and their church experience. The trends are frightening, but Already Gone shows how to fight back for our families, our churches and our world. We can make a difference today that will affect the statistics of tomorrow!
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Beloved Disciple: Following John to the Heart of Jesus - eBookBeth MooreB&H Books / 2003 / ePub$9.994.5 Stars Out Of 5 6 ReviewsAvailability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW6349EB
The Joy of Calvinism: Knowing God's Personal, Unconditional, Irresistible, Unbreakable Love - eBookGregory ForsterCrossway Books & Bibles / 2012 / ePub$8.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 6 Reviews
$12.99Save 31% ($4.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW24450EB
Praying God's Word: Breaking Free from Spiritual Strongholds - eBookBeth MooreB&H Books / 2009 / ePub$8.59 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 37 Reviews
$9.99Save 14% ($1.40)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW18471EB
Things Pondered: From the Heart of a Lesser Woman - eBookBeth MooreB&H Books / 2004 / ePub$9.995 Stars Out Of 5 2 ReviewsAvailability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW6964EB
Find Related Products
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Serving Alongside Parents
- Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Youth Leader Resources >> Other
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry
- Download >> Family
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting
- Family >> Parenting >> Culture & Issues
- Family >> Parenting >> Family Health
- Family >> Parenting >> Teenagers
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Serving Alongside Parents
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Youth Leader Resources
- eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Culture & Issues
- eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family
- eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family Health
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search