Don't get lost on the publishing path. Just forge ahead with the Writer's Compass. Drawing on decades of professional experience as an author, editor, writing instructor, mentor, and marketing consultant, Elizabeth Lyon helps you navigate the art and craft of writing - with clear, easy-to-follow directions:
- Understand your purpose and your audience; learn to refine your ideas, select effective titles, and find the best method of organization for any piece
- Use checklists and guidelines to spot weaknesses and problems in leads, organization, conclusions, and style - and find out how to correct them
- Map a successful cover letter, query letter, or proposal, and discover a four-step process to facilitate publication and sales
- Brainstorm to gain perspective on your writing - and how it fits with your values, goals, and dreams
This first book in the Writer's Compass series from professional writing instructor Elizabeth Lyon helps writers navigate the art and craft of writing nonfiction, including:
· essays · memoirs · how-to · travel · technical · feature articles · food/recipes · and more
This informative guide also addresses the business side of writing, including targeting your audience, drafting cover letters, and marketing advice.
Elizabeth Lyon, a regular speaker at writing conferences and retreats nationwide, has been a contributor to Writer's Digest and is a mentor, editor, and teacher for many writers. She is the author of Nonfiction Book Proposals Anybody Can Write and The Sell Your Novel Toolkit.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.