- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
In This Series
This book is about faithful witnesses---from the Reformation to South African apartheid to Bonhoeffer---to the promise of Jesus Christ. Even amid trials, these faithful followers have testified that the gospel is authority enough for the church's life and unity. Significantly, this volume brings the light of publication to several important essays by the late Robert Bertram, described by Edward Schroeder as "perhaps the most unpublished major Lutheran theologian of the twentieth century."
Vendor: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.
Publication Date: 2007
Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 (inches)
Availability: Available to ship on or about 09/19/14.
Series: Lutheran Quarterly
??? This book] is monumental not only because Bertram was a leading authority on the subject of the gospel], but because it demonstrates how deeply and personally he was connected with the evangelical, global, and ecumenical experiences that comprise these chapters. He placed himself at the feet of his fellow confessors to learn from their experiences, and also made them his own. As such he was truly a theologian-in-residence, enjoying the exile of fellow exiles, sharing their ???joys and sorrow??? (1 Cor. 12: 26), always with cruciform passion and conviction.???
? Michael Hoy (from the preface)
|Email me when this product is available.|
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Church History >> Historical Theology
- Academic >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions >> Lutheranism
- Academic >> Theology >> Historical Theology >> Postmodern Theology
- Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Lutheran Theology
- Books >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines
- Books >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Books >> Church History >> Historical Theology
- Books >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions >> Lutheranism
- Books >> Theology >> Historical Theology >> Postmodern Theology
- Books >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Lutheran Theology
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search