- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Number of Pages: 992
Vendor: B&H Books
Publication Date: 2007
|Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 X 2.66 (inches)|
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
Obtaining The Grace of Christ: A Pure Gold ClassicJohn CalvinBridge-Logos Publishing / 2013 / Trade Paperback$12.99 Retail:
$17.99Save 28% ($5.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW360029
Church Membership: How the World Knows Who Represents JesusJonathan Leeman, Michael S. HortonCrossway / 2012 / Hardcover$10.99 Retail:3.5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$14.99Save 27% ($4.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW532375
Christian DoctrineB&H Books / 1998 / Trade Paperback$19.99 Retail:
$29.99Save 33% ($10.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW18598
A Theology for the Church, an immense 992-page work edited by Daniel Akin, with contributions from leading Baptist thinkers Albert Mohler, Jr., Paige Patterson, Timothy George, and many others, addresses four major issues in regard to eight Christian doctrines.
What does the Bible say? Each Christian doctrine is rooted in the Bible’s own teaching in both the Old and New Testaments.
What has the Church believed? Christians have interpreted these doctrines in somewhat different ways through the centuries.
How do the doctrines fit together? Each Christian doctrine must cohere with the other doctrines.
How does each doctrine impact the church today? Each Christian doctrine must be meaningful for today’s church. It’s sure to become a widely-used resource in systematic theology study.
- What does the Bible say? Each Christian doctrine is rooted in the Bibles own teaching in both the Old and New Testaments.
- What has the Church believed? Christians have interpreted these doctrines in somewhat different ways through the centuries.
- How do the doctrines fit together? Each Christian doctrine must cohere with the other doctrines.
- How does each doctrine impact the church today? Each Christian doctrine must be meaningful for todays church.
Frank5 Stars Out Of 5February 29, 2008FrankJerry Vines once said he had decided he was going to be "original or nothing" then quickly found out he was both! In this systematic theology book, Dr. Akin draws the best resources and best authors obtainable to teach on an exact doctrine. In a nut shell its like having a flashlight with one bulb. It does the job, but when there are many single focused bulbs you get whats called an LED light - which is many times brighter. Thats what you have in this book. Where else can you find a book written by Paige Patterson, Al Mohler and Dr. Akin himself (fyiall three Southern Baptist Seminary Presidents)? And that's just the beginning of contributing authors. I don't know about you, but I sure like learning about the Word from people who love, teach, and believe the Word and its inerrancy. What more could you ask for. You need to ask for, this book.
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Doctrine Surveys & Studies
- Academic >> Theology >> General Theology >> Theology Introductions
- Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Baptist Theology
- Books >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Doctrine Surveys & Studies
- Books >> Theology >> General Theology >> Theology Introductions
- Books >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Baptist Theology
- Start A New Search