|The Future of Christianity|
|Table of Contents|
1. The Twentieth Century: Challenges and Failures in the West.
Catastrophe: The Armenian Genocide.
Stalinism: The Enforcement of Atheism.
The Nazi Crisis: The Failure of "Culture Protestantism".
The 1960s: A Crisis of Confidence.
2. The Transformation of Religion: The Reshaping of Christianity.
Globalization of Christianity.
Decline in Western Europe.
The Remarkable Case of Korea.
Resurgence in Africa.
Transformation in Latin America.
3. New Ways of Being Church: Trends for the Future in the West.
The Death of the Western Denomination?.
The Marketing of Christianity.
The McDonaldization of Christianity.
The Community Church.
The Cell Church.
A Community in Exile.
4. Challenges: Some Future Issues.
The Threat of Fundamentalism.
The New Faultlines: Islam and Christianity.
The Future of Ecumenism.
The Language of the Faith.
5. The Christianity of the Future: A Tentative Overview.
Is there a future for Protestant denominations in the west?.
6. The Two Nations: The Disillusionment with Academic Theology.
A Case in Point: Biblical Studies.
The Marginalization of Theology.
The Longing for Spiritual Authenticity.
"Academic" Theology is Western Theology.
A Strategy for Recovery: The Organic Intellectual.
Web Sites relating to this work